Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'll add my Griffey to the mix....... I don't think I have either the Bronze nor the Gold :eek:

1996silverpressproof.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Probably not considered "Super Sweet" but still a cool oddball for player collectors.

1996 Fleer Variations
Top Left - Base card w/Silver Foil
Top Right - Base card w/Gold Foil(Standard)
Bottom Left - Tiffany Parallel with Gold Foil instead of rainbow
Bottom Right - Tiffany Parallel with normal rainbow foil

View attachment 57813

There's a Rusty Greer silver foil on ebay right now, but even a 50% offer would be $10 and not sure I want to pay that for a foil variation. So the one on the bottom left has a slick finish as opposed to matte?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
There's a Rusty Greer silver foil on ebay right now, but even a 50% offer would be $10 and not sure I want to pay that for a foil variation. So the one on the bottom left has a slick finish as opposed to matte?

Correct the bottom left has the same finish as the Tiffany card. I actually got the silver from a board member thag had opened a whole box back in 1996 that was filled with errors. At one time there was a thread about it on here.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Wow how rare are those home/away Griffeys?

Thanks,
Jeff
1:33
Exclusive to magazine packs, this 24-card set features 12 players on a card die-cut into the shape of the player's home of away jersey. The odd numbered cards represent the Away jersey, while the evens the Home.
the Home seems tuffer to find

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I was devastated when a '96 mirror gold Puckett popped up for a $120 buy it now a couple years ago on eBay. I offered the guy who bought it $1,200 & he wouldn't part with it. I'd be willing to go higher today to just end the search. Someone on these boards told me they knew someone who had several mirror gold Puckett's. I wish I knew how to contact that person to at least make an offer on one of them.

It's haunts me as well as Jeter sold in 2010 for around $600.00 (smalltraditions was the buyer) I totally missed that auction he then sold it in 2012 and went for $4,000.00. After that they have become insane going for $13,000.00 all the way up to $30,000. My only positive outlook is i know where 15 of the 30 are though 3 will never be traded or sold to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online