User Tag List

Page 800 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907967977987998008018028038048108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 21329

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've learned a great deal about 90's inserts since subscribing to this thread, especially along the lines of backdoored cards, executive promos, and non-serial numbered cards intended to be used as replacements...thanks to all those who contribute their knowledge!

So a question for all the experts in this thread...anyone have information on any 1994 Studio Series Stars Gold non-serial numbered cards (example below)? As you can see from the back of the card, it was never given a serial number. It was listed on eBay as a "promo" but based on what I've learned here, I'm more inclined to think it was a card intended as a replacement card for actual serial numbered versions, and some of the leftover non-serial numbered cards were backdoored instead of being destroyed. Or it could just be a misprint where the serial number simply never got stamped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	36883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	36884

Anyone have any thoughts and/or an example of this card for your player? Maybe it is a promo, I just can find any info that indicates Studio produced actual promo cards for this particular insert set.

And my apologies if this was already discussed previously in this thread. I'm only caught up as far as page 400, so if it was discussed after that point, I haven't gotten there yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calripkenjrcollector View Post
    A little rough but for $1.99 shipped, I'll buy this all day long...

Item #171343263504
    $1.99?! Are you kidding me?! Congrats on that complete steal!
    Barry Bonds PC 5,000+ different and counting! Check out my Barry Bonds Collection on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/weight333

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ripken8 View Post
    I've learned a great deal about 90's inserts since subscribing to this thread, especially along the lines of backdoored cards, executive promos, and non-serial numbered cards intended to be used as replacements...thanks to all those who contribute their knowledge!

So a question for all the experts in this thread...anyone have information on any 1994 Studio Series Stars Gold non-serial numbered cards (example below)? As you can see from the back of the card, it was never given a serial number. It was listed on eBay as a "promo" but based on what I've learned here, I'm more inclined to think it was a card intended as a replacement card for actual serial numbered versions, and some of the leftover non-serial numbered cards were backdoored instead of being destroyed. Or it could just be a misprint where the serial number simply never got stamped.

Anyone have any thoughts and/or an example of this card for your player? Maybe it is a promo, I just can find any info that indicates Studio produced actual promo cards for this particular insert set.

And my apologies if this was already discussed previously in this thread. I'm only caught up as far as page 400, so if it was discussed after that point, I haven't gotten there yet.
    Great oddball. Have you held it up to the light to see if something attempted to stamp it? Kinda like 1999 Topps Gold Label and 1999 Topps Stars...

Seems like your replacement/backdoor guess was the best one. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone knows about promos.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First copy I've seen. I didn't know this exists until now...

Quote Originally Posted by ripken8 View Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    Great oddball. Have you held it up to the light to see if something attempted to stamp it? Kinda like 1999 Topps Gold Label and 1999 Topps Stars...

Seems like your replacement/backdoor guess was the best one. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone knows about promos.
    Once it's in hand, I'll be able to take a closer look and report. However, from the scan, it looks pretty clean.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riveraXVX View Post

I gave that card to George Calfas for his attempt on set. Wow.
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    I gave that card to George Calfas for his attempt on set. Wow.
    That's a hell of a gift...
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright who just scored the 98 Elite Status Larry Walker for $0.29 off COMC? It was gone as fast as I clicked it open. Crazy bargain.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It pays to troll eBay

I wish I could troll

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelesquad View Post
    That was pure awesomeness for that to happen. Too bad a Ryno wasn't in the lot.

There is a chance it'll hit three figures. We're not as crazy as clark fans, but a couple of us can get into a nice little bidding war.

Looks like someone hit the Griffey.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Yea, sent him two of the Will Clarks actually as a gift...
    He's kidding, [MENTION=9589]mrdallas[/MENTION] I still need the Clark and the Ryno.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1996 Select Certified Interleague Preview Promo/Sample inserts...are they rare? I have a Clemens/Klesko.

Senior Member U L Washington Rookie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Drug dealer getting shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen."
    Saul Goodman