Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Just sharing my progress on the 1998 donruss collections prized set. I have 60 more coming in. Doing pretty well..

I saw a few listed and wondered if you had abandoned the idea of putting together the set. That's gonna be an impressive set!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I saw a few listed and wondered if you had abandoned the idea of putting together the set. That's gonna be an impressive set!

I have been able to pick up quite a few. Those preferred prized are a PITA though. I don't mind putting some money into em but at some of the asking prices it is a little discouraging, makes me do a little step back to think about how hard I want to go after it..... Knowing myself I will probably flip flop like 100 times! LOL

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I have been able to pick up quite a few. Those preferred prized are a PITA though. I don't mind putting some money into em but at some of the asking prices it is a little discouraging, makes me do a little step back to think about how hard I want to go after it..... Knowing myself I will probably flip flop like 100 times! LOL

Well, I'm sure I'll have a few more of my given up partial set come to light soon.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I only have 1 and I think I got mine from Randall before the Clark spike. It was one of the last 1998 cards I needed. I've seen 2, maybe 3 total though. I know a big Clark collection sold a couple of years ago to Michael that had one in it, but the listing was pulled early.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I only have 1 and I think I got mine from Randall before the Clark spike. It was one of the last 1998 cards I needed. I've seen 2, maybe 3 total though. I know a big Clark collection sold a couple of years ago to Michael that had one in it, but the listing was pulled early.

Oh really, not sure I remember that listing. I think one other collector mentioned they had n sold it. Congrats on grabbing it, tough card. Chilly on here who has the set (minus just a couple) has one too. Anyway tough card and it's a nice looking one on top of that.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is a cool item (IMHO) that I was as to land. It's a production test for 1995 Bowman's Best (it's blank backed). Basically down the lines of their Mirror Image, but Clark/Magadan (actually only says Gadan) were never in the set, and the design changed. Glad to add it and working on something else that I'll share if it makes it home.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1467765109.501361.jpg

Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Here is a cool item (IMHO) that I was as to land. It's a production test for 1995 Bowman's Best (it's blank backed). Basically down the lines of their Mirror Image, but Clark/Magadan (actually only says Gadan) were never in the set, and the design changed. Glad to add it and working on something else that I'll share if it makes it home.

View attachment 63263

Ryan

Way cool never seen that. Etching is very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Missed out on the HoloGRFX action from a few days ago

i-WGvGPT2-L.jpg
i-HdzVs8n-L.jpg

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
definitely my favorite insert...love the yellow and the 90s vibe of the design

HOLO_zps0evmnhkw.jpg

also picked up this up recently...forgot the print run on it. think its to /3

img20160705_20463838_zpspbzdn6dy.jpg

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
For the price and considering I paid about the same for my raw copy back in 2010, I figured I'd grab this BGS 9.5 example:

1995-select-artists-proof-250-bgs95.jpg

Members online

Latest posts