Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Wish I had his Brother too...

img605-1.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, since deciding about a year ago to focus my Vladimir Guerrero collection on rare refractors and GU cards, I knew sooner or later I'd have to bite the bullet and buy his 1995 Bowman's Best RC refractor. The day has come. This raw copy looked very gradeable to me, if I ever decide to get it slabbed, and I got what I think is a good deal on it.

s-l1200.jpg

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hey Bull, How did you get the scan of the Thomas to show like that? That is a great scan to show how cool these cards are

Not my card, but sometimes turning the card to be parallel with the scanner light can bring out the refractor-ness (that's a word now). That, combined with a lid-open scan can produce some nice results.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Well, since deciding about a year ago to focus my Vladimir Guerrero collection on rare refractors and GU cards, I knew sooner or later I'd have to bite the bullet and buy his 1995 Bowman's Best RC refractor. The day has come. This raw copy looked very gradeable to me, if I ever decide to get it slabbed, and I got what I think is a good deal on it.

s-l1200.jpg

Nice card but that is way off-center T/B and a refractor line.

I hope its for PC and not something you are planning on grading to try to flip.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Hey Bull, How did you get the scan of the Thomas to show like that? That is a great scan to show how cool these cards are

Like previously mentioned, some cards scan better turned parallel to the scanner bed, while some perpendicular. Likewise, some with opened lid, some closed; I'll scan multiple times to find the right way. My scanner has an LED bar with multiple LEDs, as a result, each light refracts on the surface at a different angle, producing a different color wavelength.

Members online