Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
They had crazy BIN's I remember that. I have also only ever seen 1 of my most wanted (98 Team Pinnacle Gold) and the same bidder won that as did another high-end A-Rod I was chasing lol.

It makes that McGwire even sweeter. Great card and backstory!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
attachment.php

What is this tasty card?

1998 Pinnacle Epix Moment Green #E21 - Greg Maddux
Courtesy of COMC.com
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been doing a bad job of describing what the cards are. The McGwire is a 1998 Pinnacle Plus Team Pinnacle Mirror Gold. The stated print run is 25, although they are not serial numbered. To date, we believe the print run to be legit with no aftermarkets hitting the market. I am a little surprised this card exists because I thought only the AL side of the card received the mirror treatment. Like Griffey, Pedro, Tino, Ripken, Juan Gone, etc.

The Maddux is allegedly the rarest of all Epix - the Emerald Moment (and not the All-Star Epix). I found this set hard to follow and not very visually distinctive from one another, so I mostly ignore it. I think the stated print run is like 55, but again, not serial numbered.

Dec 4, 2008
30 on the Maddux. I used to own 3 of the Chipper emerald moments and thought the print run was a lot higher. I have changed that opinion and think 30 is probably pretty close to the real number. Will write back soon on your note, Eric. ;)

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Besides an emerald all star epix moment, I have never seen any Belle emeralds surface in almost two years. They sure seem to be pretty rare.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Who got the Pinnacle holder ? It has been listed for about two weeks and as soon as I posted it on here it's gone. I hope you enjoy it . They look cool IMO. Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Soooo what one is it? And why would PSA not identify as such?
1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate Illuminator
1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate Luminescent
1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate Luminous

The person who subbed the card likely left off that detail. PSA grades not hunt for titles.....most flip errors are from improper paperwork.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The person who subbed the card likely left off that detail. PSA grades not hunt for titles.....most flip errors are from improper paperwork.
I'd agree to the graders not doing much research. However if you're a company that has a registry that matters, labeling , entering data , etc should be a part or the constant process.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'd agree to the graders not doing much research. However if you're a company that has a registry that matters, labeling , entering data , etc should be a part or the constant process.

Ryan

I checked the registry and they do not not have this particular card broke down by parallels. An active eBay auction and a sold auction show theirs titled "luminous" on the flip. I don't remember how to tell the difference to know which one I have.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
PSA only starts a registry set when someone requests a set. They have however graded all inserts within this particular set.

Again, due to the volume they receive the flip error is on the submitter. That is not to say that the graders should not be able to catch egregious errors.....but missing a sub-parallel is not one of those cases imho

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
PSA only starts a registry set when someone requests a set. They have however graded all inserts within this particular set.

Again, due to the volume they receive the flip error is on the submitter. That is not to say that the graders should not be able to catch egregious errors.....but missing a sub-parallel is not one of those cases imho

IMO all sets should be logged uniform from the start. I am not a big registry or PSA guy, just someone who likes consitency. Part of their service from day 1 should have been making sure the 1st card they grade of a set should look (label) and be entered just the same as card 50 they do in a set. Just my thoughts and all good if you differ.

Ryan

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I checked the registry and they do not not have this particular card broke down by parallels. An active eBay auction and a sold auction show theirs titled "luminous" on the flip. I don't remember how to tell the difference to know which one I have.

From the scan looks like a luminescent. The luminous is just a flat non gloss plastic. The luminescent is like a refractor and the illuminator is see through

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
The person who subbed the card likely left off that detail. PSA grades not "reads" the titles.....most flip errors are from improper "reading."
Fixed that for ya.
I have a box full of slabbed cards that I've been meanign to send back to them that were properly described on the submission form and improperly described on the flip. It seems that it used to be more of a "choose your own adventure" on how PSA labelled insert sets, even including "obscure" ones like crusades ;) But I think they cleaned up their act a lot in the past few years and have gotten better about standardizing most of the sets/descriptions.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
From the scan looks like a luminescent. The luminous is just a flat non gloss plastic. The luminescent is like a refractor and the illuminator is see through

Thanks. I was a little rusty with that info. That is my only Tino copy but looked at my Bernie issues and I see what you mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts