Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Well there was one of those "wish I had pulled it back in the day" cards in there. The only #d card was a Gold rookie FX /125 of Eric Chavez. Man if only I would have pulled this when his cards were going bananas back in the day lol. Really love the look of the cards :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
0a54a3faaa00e3a2b5a19250026f3d1d.jpg

Here was my other addition to the Promo/Test SGW/Topps/Chrome collection from a few months ago I never posted. Luckily it was a Clark card. Testing out 1995 BBEST. Different photo, listed as SS, etc. Back is blank. You can see Cal in the background shadow on the right. Thought it was another cool piece and happy it was Will for the PC.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I was really surprised the Delgado Gold Label 1/1 sold for under $40 last night. Not necessarily because he was a really good hitter, but because I thought there was a group of collectors out there that fought over extreme rarities like that. I'm wondering now if it depends on which 1/1 it is (from what set) and what our perception of that issue is. For example, perhaps the release of so much weird gold label backdoor/trash bin stuff has cheapened legit pack-pulled 1/1s? Or the fact that there are actually nine 1/1s for each player in each year of Gold Label? Or perhaps the fact that Gold Label Masterpieces are visibly no different than base (from the front) as compared to say a Skybox Metal Gem Masters 1/1s which seem to have a market of its own regardless of player.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I was really surprised the Delgado Gold Label 1/1 sold for under $40 last night. Not necessarily because he was a really good hitter, but because I thought there was a group of collectors out there that fought over extreme rarities like that. I'm wondering now if it depends on which 1/1 it is (from what set) and what our perception of that issue is. For example, perhaps the release of so much weird gold label backdoor/trash bin stuff has cheapened legit pack-pulled 1/1s? Or the fact that there are actually nine 1/1s for each player in each year of Gold Label? Or perhaps the fact that Gold Label Masterpieces are visibly no different than base (from the front) as compared to say a Skybox Metal Gem Masters 1/1s which seem to have a market of its own regardless of player.

I think it's a bunch of things you've said honestly. I actually sold him that Delgado in a lot. When I came across it I only realized it was a 1/1 because he had it on top of everything in a case. They really have little appeal. Where as say Gem Masters look completely different and have good appeal. I like the Pinnacle Plus 1/1s because they are basically a Mirror black. Half the 90s 1/1 really have no appeal. All the Fleer related 1/1s seem to be tarnished by backdoor issues

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
0a54a3faaa00e3a2b5a19250026f3d1d.jpg

Here was my other addition to the Promo/Test SGW/Topps/Chrome collection from a few months ago I never posted. Luckily it was a Clark card. Testing out 1995 BBEST. Different photo, listed as SS, etc. Back is blank. You can see Cal in the background shadow on the right. Thought it was another cool piece and happy it was Will for the PC.

Ryan

Super nice.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Anyone have any info on those "test" 97 finest gold refractors on eBay? Non-embossed, non-diecut?

I was wondering the same thing. Some of the descriptions raise flags too. One of them explained why a new account would have so many rare cards, I can't tell whether that's reasonable detail or overexplained lies. Either way 200 is more than I'm dropping.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was wondering the same thing. Some of the descriptions raise flags too. One of them explained why a new account would have so many rare cards, I can't tell whether that's reasonable detail or overexplained lies. Either way 200 is more than I'm dropping.
As the seller, and owner of that account, all you have to do is ask questions instead of calling anything lies. If anyone needs any backing for me, I am sure there are enough people to give ya' the thumbs up here. Also if anyone wants to review some of my posts in the last few months in this thread, you will see some of the items I obtained are pretty sweet/rare. In regards to the new account, I'll explain a lil, I sold my domain name, which was attached to my old eBay account, and no longer use it, thus had to start from scratch. If anyone has any other questions, lmk.

Thanks
Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Anyone have any info on those "test" 97 finest gold refractors on eBay? Non-embossed, non-diecut?

There seem to be 3-5 "test" sets that were produced. The tests were finish only, no die cut or embossing. These are fairly well known; for some they are must have and others not so much.

I have been buying these over the years but I will keep prices to myself since these are active listing and those of a respected board member.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have some of the finest non-embossed and/or non die cut from other years, and am in love with them. It is always cool to have these types of things to differentiate your collection from the next guy.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
As the seller, and owner of that account, all you have to do is ask questions instead of calling anything lies. If anyone needs any backing for me, I am sure there are enough people to give ya' the thumbs up here. Also if anyone wants to review some of my posts in the last few months in this thread, you will see some of the items I obtained are pretty sweet/rare. In regards to the new account, I'll explain a lil, I sold my domain name, which was attached to my old eBay account, and no longer use it, thus had to start from scratch. If anyone has any other questions, lmk.

Thanks
Ryan

I can give the thumbs up here.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
In addition to the non-embossed/non-diecuts, there were also a few test sets produced with the die-cut/embossing and a hole punched in the corner.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
GC, thanks for the info. I would also vouch for Ryan, I had no idea they were his or I would have just gone directly to him. I've just never seen any info and you guys seem to always be a wealth of knowledge, so I asked here.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not to change the subject but you can sell your eBay account? I suppose you are just selling the rating and how long you've been on eBay... are the economics good on doing that? Not sure if you want to share or PM me but I am curious.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not to change the subject but you can sell your eBay account? I suppose you are just selling the rating and how long you've been on eBay... are the economics good on doing that? Not sure if you want to share or PM me but I am curious.
I didn't sell the eBay name, I sold my domain name and my eBay name was the domain name basically, make sense? I didn't have to not use it, choose to do it to avoid any confusion down the line of assocaiation.

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Back in the day I sold my account. It is has been against the TOS for about a decade or so.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

Thanks
Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts