User Tag List

Page 898 of 1424 FirstFirst ... 3987988488888948958968978988999009019029089489981398 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 21354

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

  1. #13456
    Senior Member RustyGreerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gastonia, NC
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    Quite a while ago, DallasCardBoys on COMC listed a bunch of Crusades Executive Sample, which are so rare that they make regular Crusades look like 1988 Topps. I think a few people here actually know the date they hit by heart! Some of them went for pennies on the dollar, which is crazy given the scarcity of these. I think that only 2 Greens, 1 Purple and 1 Red exist for each card, although I could be wrong. A Sandy Alomar Red went for just $30; I picked up a Jim Edmonds Purple for $15. If one of these even becomes available at a good price, buy it, it will probably never come around again.
    I actually got two of the Sandy Alomar Executive Proofs and sold them on ebay to an Indians collector who, judging by his recent history at the time, was spending money like crazy.

    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

    Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities


  2. #13457
    Member athletics07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Deion purple exec proof is still live on COMC. Just saying.

  3. #13458
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I actually got two of the Sandy Alomar Executive Proofs and sold them on ebay to an Indians collector who, judging by his recent history at the time, was spending money like crazy.
    Oh, man. Don't tell me that.

  4. #13459
    Senior Member 1st4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, Ma.
    Posts
    5,736
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
    Guys I have a question. Two of the guys I collect Fred McGriff and Deion Sanders have 1998 Donruss Crusade cards. What would be a rough estimate of what these would cost me. I see some on Ebay but they seem awful high. That snowmobile guy has several of them and his prices seem ridiculous. What would a Red, Purple and Green for each player fetch? Thanks for any help on this

    I've got a Deion Sanders Green Crusade available if you want it.. shoot me a real offer and its yours. no refractor lines on it.



  5. #13460
    Junior Member Jhileman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Couple of new Jeter pick ups!

    1998 Donruss Preferred Collections Prized FB #559 Print Run 55
    1999 Fleer Metal Universe MLPD PMG 11/50

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	49053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	49054

  6. #13461
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhileman79 View Post
    1998 Donruss Preferred Collections Prized FB #559 Print Run 55
    1999 Fleer Metal Universe MLPD PMG 11/50

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	49053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	49054
    Tough cards ! Good stuff

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  7. #13462
    Senior Member BenG76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fancy Gap, VA
    Posts
    1,813
     mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    I've got a Deion Sanders Green Crusade available if you want it.. shoot me a real offer and its yours. no refractor lines on it.

    Thanks for the deal on the Neon Deion.

  8. #13463
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhileman79 View Post
    1998 Donruss Preferred Collections Prized FB #559 Print Run 55
    1999 Fleer Metal Universe MLPD PMG 11/50

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	49053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	265.6 KB 
ID:	49054

    Love the 98 collections refractor. I sold one about six months back, Hard to do, but the price was right. That is a great card!!!

  9. #13464
    Junior Member hairyharold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i have a question about these proof crusades. i noticed the ones sold by samho didn't have the xxx / 250, etc. they were just blank. is that something that not all the proofs received? i noticed that the mike piazza executive proofs had that xxx / numbering on it, so was just curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I actually got two of the Sandy Alomar Executive Proofs and sold them on ebay to an Indians collector who, judging by his recent history at the time, was spending money like crazy.
    Last edited by hairyharold; 04-17-2015 at 04:27 PM.

  10. #13465
    Junior Member Jhileman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    Love the 98 collections refractor. I sold one about six months back, Hard to do, but the price was right. That is a great card!!!
    Thanks I was really happy to pick this one up.
    I picked up the other 98 Prized #726 last year and I have wanted this one ever since. They are super rare with only 55 copies made and a cool refractor finish. I would expect them to sell in the range of the 98 PMGs but they have never gotten to that level. Great addition to my PC!!

  11. #13466
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,821
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyharold View Post
    hey i have a question about these proof crusades. i noticed the ones sold by samho didn't have the xxx / 250, etc. they were just blank. is that something that not all the proofs received? i noticed that the mike piazza executive proofs had that xxx / numbering on it, so was just curious.
    A number of "Sample" cards are also known to exist. These cards are serial-numbered either "XXX/250" (green), "XXX/100" (purple), or "XX/25" (red). It is believed that these cards were produced for Donruss' staff and were used in-house for final approval before production.
    Donruss had plans for extending the Crusade set into 1999 and beyond, however with the bankruptcy of their parent Pinnacle Brands, those plans never came to fruition. However, in the years since a number of Crusades with card numbers above 130 have surfaced. It is that many of these cards were "backdoored" after the Pinnacle Brands bankruptcy.

  12. #13467
    Member athletics07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  13. #13468
    Member athletics07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyharold View Post
    hey i have a question about these proof crusades. i noticed the ones sold by samho didn't have the xxx / 250, etc. they were just blank. is that something that not all the proofs received? i noticed that the mike piazza executive proofs had that xxx / numbering on it, so was just curious.
    The biggest difference I believe is that the xx proofs have serial numbered counterparts while the backdoored non-numbered are uniquely new versions which would've been set for future releases.

  14. #13469
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,821
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    The biggest difference I believe is that the xx proofs have serial numbered counterparts while the backdoored non-numbered are uniquely new versions which would've been set for future releases.
    Crusades with card numbers above 130

  15. #13470
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhileman79 View Post
    Thanks I was really happy to pick this one up.
    I picked up the other 98 Prized #726 last year and I have wanted this one ever since. They are super rare with only 55 copies made and a cool refractor finish. I would expect them to sell in the range of the 98 PMGs but they have never gotten to that level. Great addition to my PC!!

    People dont realize unless you see those cards in person how nice they are. I had picked up Griffey Jr. Jeter and CAl Ripken and Piazza Executive suite version PC's from that set, (sold them all) Kind of wish I hadnt now, but, I think the hardest thing about the donruss preferred set for value reasons is the lack of numbering. If they would have numbered these cards along with the Precious Metals /50 I think they would fetch a far higher premium.!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •