Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Base cards have gold lettering? And Tiffany have silver? These are silver without the glossy Tiffany?
Correct. There are 4 variations on 1996 Fleer cards. The silver base and the gold tiffany are the hardest to find.
Base
Tiffany
Silver Foil Matte Finish(similar to base)
Gold Foil Tiffany Finish(Glossy)
1996 Fleer Variations.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Correct. There are 4 variations on 1996 Fleer cards. The silver base and the gold tiffany are the hardest to find.
Base
Tiffany
Silver Foil Matte Finish(similar to base)
Gold Foil Tiffany Finish(Glossy)
View attachment 67452

Thanks for the info. Is there another way to tell the difference between the golds? Your picture looks like your golds are the same. Do you simply have to have them in hand to tell the difference? Maybe my eyesight is just bad.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks for the info. Is there another way to tell the difference between the golds? Your picture looks like your golds are the same. Do you simply have to have them in hand to tell the difference? Maybe my eyesight is just bad.
I assume you mean between the base and gold tiffany correct? If so yes it's much easier in hand. The picture on the gold tiffany tends to be much brighter and clear compared to just the regular base. If you want I can scan those two together to see if it shows up better.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I assume you mean between the base and gold tiffany correct? If so yes it's much easier in hand. The picture on the gold tiffany tends to be much brighter and clear compared to just the regular base. If you want I can scan those two together to see if it shows up better.

Please

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Does this picture help show differences? I was able to pick up the matte finish with silver foil variation recently to complete the rainbow. I heard there's versions floating around without any foil printing on the front, but haven't seen examples of them yet.

Puckett - 1996 Fleer.JPG

Members online

Latest posts