User Tag List

Page 911 of 1425 FirstFirst ... 41181186190190790890991091191291391491592196110111411 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 21367

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

  1. #13651
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up some Arod..

    Last edited by Joey_peapod; 04-30-2015 at 07:46 PM.

  2. #13652
    Senior Member predatorkj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,865
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I've updated the 1997 Mirror Black CL I was working on in October.
    Now up to 22 confirmed! Got anything else to add? Please do…

    2 Mo Vaughn – PSA 10 (Has Peel)
    5 Jeff Bagwell – (No Peel) (NEW ADDITION)
    8 Fred McGriff – PSA 9 (No Peel) (NEW ADDITION)
    26 Mike Piazza – PSA 9 (Peel?)
    27 Brady Anderson – PSA 9 (No Peel)
    39 Roger Clemens – (Has Peel) (NEW ADDITION)
    52 Todd Hollandsworth – PSA 9 (Peel?) (NEW ADDITION)
    59 Chipper Jones – (Has Peel)
    65 Ron Gant – PSA 9 (Has Peel)
    66 Eddie Murray – PSA 9 (Peel?) (NEW ADDITION)
    82 Jay Buhner – PSA 9 (Has Peel) (Reports of 2 existing?)
    83 Greg Maddux – (Has Peel) (NEW ADDITION)
    88 Ellis Burks – (Has Peel) (NEW ADDITION)
    92 Andy Pettitte – PSA 9 (Peel?) (NEW ADDITION)
    103 Edgar Renteria – PSA 10 (Has Peel)
    106 Andruw Jones – PSA 10 (Peel?)
    109 Brian Giles – PSA 9 (No Peel) (Same as the BGS 8.5?)
    121 Dmitri Young – PSA 9 (No Peel)
    139 Mark McGwire – (No Peel) (Same as BGS 8.5?)
    143 Greg Maddux – PSA 8 (Peel?) (NEW ADDITION)
    150 Andruw Jones - (Peel?)
    151 Jose Cruz Jr. – PSA 10 (Peel?) (NEW ADDITION)

    Can anyone confirm any of these below?
    Juan Gonzalez (What one?) - Saw a blurb that maybe 2 of the Cert Stars had been located ?
    And maybe Griffey (What one?) – Saw it sold for $10K ?
    Bernie Williams and Ryne Sandberg have been mentioned, but no real evidence...


    Ryan

    Ok so who the heck has the Bagwell?
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

  3. #13653
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,287
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FINALLY! Landed the 1997 SPx Grand Finale... about damn time! As most everyone knows, it is identical to the "Gold" but the foil on the hologram is gold but tough to see or tell. Plus it is SP /50 but no serial number, so again, people don't know what they have. I finally got a guy to list one as "Gold" but knew it was the GF. Feels so good to knock this one off the list and for pennies on the dollar... as opposed to $40 or $50 or something lol
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%


    ***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  4. #13654
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,823
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ Congrats

  5. #13655
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    FINALLY! Landed the 1997 SPx Grand Finale... about damn time! As most everyone knows, it is identical to the "Gold" but the foil on the hologram is gold but tough to see or tell. Plus it is SP /50 but no serial number, so again, people don't know what they have. I finally got a guy to list one as "Gold" but knew it was the GF. Feels so good to knock this one off the list and for pennies on the dollar... as opposed to $40 or $50 or something lol
    Atta boy

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  6. #13656
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    5,384
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Nice cards in hand.

  7. #13657
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a nice one today! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	49950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	49949
    Awesome set. The card is serial numbered /294 but there are actually only 94 copies of the "a" version.
    Always Looking For Rare Jim Thome Cards!!!
    https://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/slaneyjason/

  8. #13658
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    FINALLY! Landed the 1997 SPx Grand Finale... about damn time! As most everyone knows, it is identical to the "Gold" but the foil on the hologram is gold but tough to see or tell. Plus it is SP /50 but no serial number, so again, people don't know what they have. I finally got a guy to list one as "Gold" but knew it was the GF. Feels so good to knock this one off the list and for pennies on the dollar... as opposed to $40 or $50 or something lol
    Nice pick up, but I am confused at this statement. You knew someone who had a GF, but got him to list it incorrectly as a "gold" then picked it up for pennies on the dollar? Tell me I read that wrong.

  9. #13659
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    Nice pick up, but I am confused at this statement. You knew someone who had a GF, but got him to list it incorrectly as a "gold" then picked it up for pennies on the dollar? Tell me I read that wrong.
    Sounds like he noticed it was listed wrong because the seller didn't know what he was selling. Nice pick up!!! Those are so tough to find. Makes me wonder if there are actually 50 of them. I guess they could've slipped through the cracks and into common boxes
    Always Looking For Rare Jim Thome Cards!!!
    https://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/slaneyjason/

  10. #13660
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slaneyjason View Post
    Sounds like he noticed it was listed wrong because the seller didn't know what he was selling. Nice pick up!!! Those are so tough to find. Makes me wonder if there are actually 50 of them. I guess they could've slipped through the cracks and into common boxes

    Make sense, I read it wrong. Always nice to find those fortunate little nuggets.

  11. #13661
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gamecock Country
    Posts
    838
     cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still not back home yet so i dont have access to a scanner for now , but i did get a nice little late 90's surprise last night.....was offered a few cans of 1997 pinnacle inside last week (tony gwynn , cal ripken , and barry sanders) but i passed based on the price....the same guy stopped by yesterday offering some deeply discounted and much-needed supplies so i made him a counteroffer on the cans and was pleasantly surprised when he accepted....my partner told me there was no way i should open them , but i just can't leave anything sealed (and i have quite a few pinnacle inside cans from all 3 sports and both years tucked away to confirm that).....told him i was going to pull a diamond edition from both baseball and he gave me the standard "yeah , right...dream on" spiel....

    well , i was HALF right....the gwynn can produced the only insert from the lot..... as i opened the cellophane i was quite happy to see a die-cut card hiding in the middle and was even more excited to see it was actually a nice one - frank thomas.....granted the book value is nothing like it used to be , but i still think it was a nice score considering the limited number of cans (and it doesn't hurt that i'm a 90's and parallel fanatic either)....

    if i ever get back home i'll try to get a scan added....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

  12. #13662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,823
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slaneyjason View Post
    Picked up a nice one today! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	49950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	49949
    Awesome set. The card is serial numbered /294 but there are actually only 94 copies of the "a" version.
    very nice

  13. #13663
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,287
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    Nice pick up, but I am confused at this statement. You knew someone who had a GF, but got him to list it incorrectly as a "gold" then picked it up for pennies on the dollar? Tell me I read that wrong.
    No. I don't know him or his auction or anything. He had it listed as being "gold" like the color or metal. Obviously it is but there is a slight further difference between the gold and the Grand Finale and it is in the foil. Similar to the small difference between the silver and steel version of this release. Anyways, given he wasn't specific enough with his listing, I was able to get it for a reasonable price. Not pennies but felt like it considering I thought I would have to pay ~$40+ one day for the card and I got it for basically $10.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%


    ***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  14. #13664
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Roseville CA
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    No. I don't know him or his auction or anything. He had it listed as being "gold" like the color or metal. Obviously it is but there is a slight further difference between the gold and the Grand Finale and it is in the foil. Similar to the small difference between the silver and steel version of this release. Anyways, given he wasn't specific enough with his listing, I was able to get it for a reasonable price. Not pennies but felt like it considering I thought I would have to pay ~$40+ one day for the card and I got it for basically $10.
    Execellent pick up. Those are the best ones to pick up as I imagine all of us spend more than we should on cards and getting a nice deal once in a while is huge. CONGRATS.

  15. #13665
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,389
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a long time since I did some scanning:






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •