Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I missed out on the Ozzie that just ended. I was in it up to about $35 but I'm wondering the same thing about just how many are out there.

10 years form now you might be kicking your self. You may never see another. In June 2011 this card was on ebay for BIN $35. in 2011 All the Juan collectors thought it was to high because it was serial numbered to 50.
2005 Diamond Kings Materials Framed Blue B/W #114 Juan Gonzalez Bat-Jsy

juan_picture.php

No Juan collector has it, and one has not been seen since that listing in 2011 7 years ago. Where the hell are they?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
10 years form now you might be kicking your self. You may never see another. In June 2011 this card was on ebay for BIN $35. in 2011 All the Juan collectors thought it was to high because it was serial numbered to 50.
2005 Diamond Kings Materials Framed Blue B/W #114 Juan Gonzalez Bat-Jsy

juan_picture.php

No Juan collector has it, and one has not been seen since that listing in 2011 7 years ago. Where the hell are they?

I very well might. I'm not so committed to my collection any more though that I have to have everything.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Got this in the mail today. Pretty sure it came from a member here, I think we tried to make a deal almost 2 years ago but never did. Glad to finally land it!
IMG_5273.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple new Nomars I had protected just getting around to scanning.
The Batterz.com card was a big deal back then I still like the card years later !

attachment.php

attachment.php

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
One of my favorite inserts from the '90s is the '98 Elite Back to the Future release and all of it's auto'd parallels, largely because I pulled the Ryan/Maddux autograph and hope to complete the autographed run one day. I was fortunate enough to pick up the Thomas Executive Proof last year, not only to enhance my Thomas PC, but to further my BTTF set; it's notable because the reverse features Travis Lee, rather than David Ortiz who eventually made the cut.

Enter this next card, I had previously known of the Thomas/Lee EP, but was unaware that Alex Rodriguez's card with Nomar Garciaparra had a similar change from it's proof form. Introducing ARod and Tejada...

img367.jpgimg369.jpg

Also really stoked to add a proof of the '98 Hamburger Helper hand-cut card, featuring white card stock, production cutting, cropping differences, and text changes on the reverse.

img368.jpgimg370.jpg