Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
1997%20topps%20Mit%201998%20Stars%20and%20Steel%20069_zpssgaecvvx.jpg

I recently found five or six of these unopened redemption sets while going through some of my collection.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I love this thread. Makes me sad though that I won't be able to afford any of these rare Frank Thomas cards for my collection.

I do have a question though, does anyone know if this card even exists? It is one of the last cards I need for my Stan Belinda collection. I know if it was never redeemed then it won't exist so i was just wondering if anyone has seen it.

1998 Pacific Online Winners #185 Stan Belinda

I am also looking for this card.

2012 Leaf Memories 90 Leaf Buyback Red #486 Stan Belinda

The background is that they may have been stamped on an "as needed" basis. So if nobody redeemed a Stan Belinda, then the card would not necessarily exist. Still, it seems like they would have gone ahead and stamped a set or two to distribute as redemptions occurred. And if that happened then somebody probably got some at the bankruptcy auctions. But... to quote Churchill, "(Pacific Online Winners are) "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key."

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I was happy to add a second copy of this redeemed parallel to my collection. I only saw two copies of this card and I have them both. I like that the redemption stamp is upside down on this new copy:
image_28.jpg

image-148.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Are the 1998 EX 2001 Essential Credentials Future cards really worth this kind of money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11165064127...49&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

I put in what I thought was a strong snipe bid. I may have to hold off on one of these.

That's a pretty big # for McGriff! Samho's Now /4 Juan ended at $855. I also thought his Chipper Gold 96 Mirror ended fairly strong as it wasn't the base version. Juan's Cert Golds (both versions) didn't bring as much as I thought they would.

Ryan

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I guess it will be for me now. I know its numbered to 25 but I didn't expect that kind of price. Then again I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be on these 90's cards. That's one reason I am glad this thread is here.

Somebody's been going nuts on those in the last couple years. At least 3 someones

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Does anyone have a 98 ex2001 essential credentials thome? Either version? I don't think I've ever seen one and I'd love to buy one...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A while back, I picked up an unpeeled Travis Lee, and when I peeled it, the background actually came off with the black backing. It was almost entirely fused to the backing, maybe only 5% of the background was left on the card. Maybe the same thing happened with yours?
As I mentioned in a previous post, I took a look at the peel and there was not material other than the peel