Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just pulled down a 1998 Pinnacle Performers Big Bank Seasonal Outburst Non Serial Numbered Albert Belle for a few bucks on COMC. Anyone have an example of the serial numbered version? I think they're /30

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just pulled down a 1998 Pinnacle Performers Big Bank Seasonal Outburst Non Serial Numbered Albert Belle for a few bucks on COMC. Anyone have an example of the serial numbered version? I think they're /30

12.original.jpg
12.original.back.jpg

They were #ed to a players 1997 HR total. These cards have a nice red color to the front mine just scanned poorly.

Also Mansgame this was posted over in the '90s thread on Blowout:

F8AE2FA6-08F7-4974-A6A8-3A8F456A3FF4_zpsvu1g6xxg.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
12.original.jpg
12.original.back.jpg

They were #ed to a players 1997 HR total. These cards have a nice red color to the front mine just scanned poorly.

Also Mansgame this was posted over in the '90s thread on Blowout:

F8AE2FA6-08F7-4974-A6A8-3A8F456A3FF4_zpsvu1g6xxg.jpg

Interesting, thanks for posting. Looks like Belle is numbered out of 30?

Anyways, that's a nice Diamond card. I have four copies I think. I'd love to have another but they're not expensive and odds are good it's the same guy trying to sell one right now on eBay for like $100 lol. FWIW, it's like a $10 card or something.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Interesting, thanks for posting. Looks like Belle is numbered out of 30?

Anyways, that's a nice Diamond card. I have four copies I think. I'd love to have another but they're not expensive and odds are good it's the same guy trying to sell one right now on eBay for like $100 lol. FWIW, it's like a $10 card or something.

---

Do not take this the wrong way but..... What the hell are historians going to do 3000 years from now when they try to decipher FWIW. It was just as bad I had to ask what the hell LCS meant. Now what the hell does FWIW stand for. Not only for my benefit now but for archaeologist 3000 years from now. By the way LOL in my way back day meant "lots of luck"

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
For what it's worth?

That was always my assumption, a phrase I never use anyway so I certainly don't need an abbreviation because I type it so much!

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

Here is a copy of the A-Rod (numbered to 23):
98_a-rod_seasonal.jpg

I will try and get a scan of the back.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Has anyone bought or know going prices for Crusade xx/ proof cards?

Ahhhhh brings back memories of the epic day it was announced they were all added to COMC and dude was auto accepting 50% offers...

Freaking arms race by FCB members to snatch them all up and flip. This includes the Belle trio, which I ended up getting eventually years later lol FML

---

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I have heard from another collector who is extremely knowledgeable about 90s inserts, particularly Crusades, that the "executive proofs" with the *** numbering were not made for every player. They commented that they have only seen the *** proofs for a handfull of guys, and most were not "superstar" players.

If we went back and looked at the famous COMC sale, I think we could test this--I don't recall and Griffeys, Frank Thomas, Ripken, Maddux, McGwire, etc. thank goodness Pedro Martinez was still not a superstar in 1998. So the good news is that if you collect someone who was a superstar in 1998 then chances are they XX proof may not exist.

Supposedly all of them have Crusade prototype cards though that were supposed to be part of Series 2

I haven't bought or sold any in several years; I've yet to see the Frank Thomas cards surface...hoping to buy them one day.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
bold is true, but the way I look at it, I ended up with the cards. I'm glad I was able to work out a deal with the FCB member that picked up the two Pedro Martinez cards I didn't get. Better they ended up initially with an FCB member than with some random collector I would never be able to find!

also, I remember there was a lot of confusion--people weren't really sure if these were real. So some of the FCB guys that snatched up the cards early probably took a bit of a leap of faith and gambled on them. Risk leads to reward!

Ahhhhh brings back memories of the epic day it was announced they were all added to COMC and dude was auto accepting 50% offers...

Freaking arms race by FCB members to snatch them all up and flip. This includes the Belle trio, which I ended up getting eventually years later lol FML

---

Members online

Latest posts