Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Got another on the way. These seem kinda hard to find, there should be more
Is there 10 for all 90 patterns?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
These are from 1999, so 10 copies of the 30 A patterns and 30 B patterns = so 60 total.

In 1998 there are 90 of each diffractor.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
These are from 1999, so 10 copies of the 30 A patterns and 30 B patterns = so 60 total.

In 1998 there are 90 of each diffractor.

Thanks, here's the one in the mail.

Image2_zpscd833275.jpg

Image6_zps99a5805a.jpg

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
went to an oddball little flea market that sets up one day a week here just to see what we could spot

picked up two of those 1994 texaco all star glasses for the Braves for a buck a piece (they had a mountain of those/yankees/red sox thoguht about grabbing them all)

then for cards, no scans - nothing amazing and paid about what their sell value would normally be but fun to dig through some 90s stuff regardless:

Ken Griffey Jr:
1996 Pinnacle Zenith - Diamond Club
1991 Pinnacle Zenith - Z Team Sample
1999 Starquest Red
1999 Starquest Green
1994 Upper Deck - Next Generation
1999 HologrFX launchers
a few 2000 HologrFX cards

then just some random $10BV or less Maddux cards to fill gaps in collection

fun dig, no gems plucked but some cool looking cards!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I didn't read all the pages after this post to find out if this discussion had more to it, but I have a pretty large collection of these. If you were not aware, they have slightly different copyright variations, I assume as they were reissued through the years. You can see this on the pack page, along the right edge margin. I'll try to find a scan of the copyright variation or just rescan one. You can also find variations for players who were traded to different teams and i believe there are even cases where a number in the series was replaced by someone else later.

Here are some checklist pages, which seem unusually hard to find for some reason. that stupid post it note is actually printed on the sheet!

Found a mid 90's item I'd never seen before today. This is a SPORTS HEROES, FEATS & FACTS subscription sheet set from IMP Publishing, released in monthly packets from about 1995 to 1997 according to the seller (kinda like the Sportscaster issues of the 1970's). They were three-holed punched for storing in a binder. Haven't seen these checklisted. Wondering if any of you guys have one for your player collection?

$(KGrHqJ,!kwE7!Ese3ZzBO+6,gjF(g~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!m!E6+YcWtmYBO+6,mscJw~~60_3.JPG

This seller just listed a bunch of them on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/pepinski9/m.html?hash=item45ffccaa3c&item=300644346428&pt=US_Baseball&_trksid=p4340.l2562

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was completely oblivious to this until i just saw this post. I checked and I had one copy with the copyright to the far right as opposed to a dozen or more copies with it right next to the foil Leaf shield. It is crazy to think that the differences in these two cards are just that. The backs looked identical as far as I could tell.

Not mine but captured the pic from an auction. The logo is smaller and the copyright is farther away from the logo on the promo version. Promo is on the right.
b28jtqmkkgrhqeokj0ezf3e.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Was completely oblivious to this until i just saw this post. I checked and I had one copy with the copyright to the far right as opposed to a dozen or more copies with it right next to the foil Leaf shield. It is crazy to think that the differences in these two cards are just that. The backs looked identical as far as I could tell.

Well it only took me 7 years to locate one and even then it wasn't my eyes that spotted it so they are tough!!!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I have a couple of these, including Frank and Puckett, the foil logo is also smaller on the promo version too.

Im going to have to check my 90s box too. I collect promos. This thread makes me want to pick up a few of the more difficult inserts that I had forgotten about.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I didn't read all the pages after this post to find out if this discussion had more to it, but I have a pretty large collection of these. If you were not aware, they have slightly different copyright variations, I assume as they were reissued through the years. You can see this on the pack page, along the right edge margin. I'll try to find a scan of the copyright variation or just rescan one. You can also find variations for players who were traded to different teams and i believe there are even cases where a number in the series was replaced by someone else later.

Here are some checklist pages, which seem unusually hard to find for some reason. that stupid post it note is actually printed on the sheet!

Have any extra Puckett sports heroes pages? I have 3 or 4 of them but I have to check my copyrights on them.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL

Other ways to tell - gold foil is flatter on the promos, position of the photograph is different vertically with respect to the other printed items on the card, Leaf logo does not have outside border.

Raul_Mondesi.jpg
Raul_Mondesi.jpg

Wade_Boggs.jpg
Wade_Boggs.jpg

Members online

Latest posts