User Tag List

Page 1420 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 4209201320137014101416141714181419142014211422 LastLast
Results 21,286 to 21,300 of 21329

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Curious as to what you guys make of this 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold A-rod auction that closed last night? I was watching it, not believing where the price was heading. When I logged in today to see where it ultimately closed, I saw it closed at $10,300 but that the seller relisted the item with a starting bid of $100 and then canceled that auction. Looking a little more into it, that same card was sold by "samantha saints sportscards" for an OBO somewhere below $20k (anyone have Worthpoint?) back on 6/19. Makes me wonder if the seller bought this for WAY more than it's worth and was shilling his "flip" auction so he wouldn't lose money...or...maybe he's affiliated with "samantha saints sportscards" and they were trying to generate new hype over these cards (hype we saw a few months ago when PWCC flooded ebay with 1996 MGs) to try to justify their grossly overpriced inventory.

Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-SELECT...p2047675.l2557

Attachment 90752
    Saints is always playing games with stuff. He actually does sell a good amount though but this is 100% not real

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Curious as to what you guys make of this 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold A-rod auction that closed last night? I was watching it, not believing where the price was heading. When I logged in today to see where it ultimately closed, I saw it closed at $10,300 but that the seller relisted the item with a starting bid of $100 and then canceled that auction. Looking a little more into it, that same card was sold by "samantha saints sportscards" for an OBO somewhere below $20k (anyone have Worthpoint?) back on 6/19. Makes me wonder if the seller bought this for WAY more than it's worth and was shilling his "flip" auction so he wouldn't lose money...or...maybe he's affiliated with "samantha saints sportscards" and they were trying to generate new hype over these cards (hype we saw a few months ago when PWCC flooded ebay with 1996 MGs) to try to justify their grossly overpriced inventory.

Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-SELECT...p2047675.l2557

Attachment 90752
    Saints is always playing games with stuff. He actually does sell a good amount though but this is 100% not real

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a long overdue post. Huge thanks and shout out to [MENTION=2418]George_Calfas[/MENTION] for hooking me up with this card. I player collect 90's inserts of both Pedro Martinez and Mike Piazza, and had each of their 1998 and 1999 Circa Thunder Super Rave #/25 cards EXCEPT the 1999 Pedro. In fact, I had never seen one. Then one day George asked me if I needed it and fast forward (a few years, lol, we both were busy) it finally showed up last year. and then, it sadly took me even more time to scan and post. But here it is!

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another card I wanted to share, as we all remember the great COMC / Donruss Crusade Executive Sample gold rush in early 2011

at the time, I never saw any Mike Piazza cards, and it was widely speculated on who had executive samples made. I assumed Piazza was not included in that set.

8 years later, this card popped up on ebay via PWCC. I really struggled with buying from them but at the same time always wondered whether any Piazza #XXX sample cards were ever made. glad to have picked it up, and now I'm on the lookout for the Red and Green parallels!

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading all those threads on BO about PWCC and "conservation", but to tell the truth if they put up an Alomar Crusade promo at auction, I'd bid on it. Hate to say it, but it's true. Would not pay a high premium for it, regardless of the bullsh*t grade, but I would put in a bid for what I thought it was worth and let it ride. So congrats for winning that thing and adding it to a collection where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    another card I wanted to share, as we all remember the great COMC / Donruss Crusade Executive Sample gold rush in early 2011

at the time, I never saw any Mike Piazza cards, and it was widely speculated on who had executive samples made. I assumed Piazza was not included in that set.

8 years later, this card popped up on ebay via PWCC. I really struggled with buying from them but at the same time always wondered whether any Piazza #XXX sample cards were ever made. glad to have picked it up, and now I'm on the lookout for the Red and Green parallels!

Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and nice Pedro too!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! I found the green and purple canseco executive...i targeted the green due to its superior color matching with the A's uni and equal rarity...i was able to add it after I called it quits supercollecting, and it is one of my favorites!
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Executive Proofs, but I've never had a shot at any Frank Crusade proofs. Excellent snag!

https://www.bighurthof.com/executive...-copies-proofs

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Thanks guys, yep, it's a sweet card, I guess the Purple is the closest I will come to "color matching" with the Dodger blue

good luck to everyone who is hunting these down, I hope my experience gives you some hope!

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beckett graded cards look so much nicer than PSA.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread hasnít been bumped in 3 weeks!?!?!?

Bunch of PSA 10 97 finest gold embossed refractors up on eBay!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0979.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	91876

Thought I would bump this thread with a fun acquisition. This one had been teasing me for a while and the price seemed to keep getting a little better. Then with the 10% eBay bucks I took the plunge! I didnít start out trying to do it but I have a nearly complete set at this point too. Missing a couple of the keys in Will Clark and Frank Thomas but many of the ones I do have are BGS 9s and 9.5s.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find!!
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)