Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
my two biggest 90's acquisitions to date

JoseCansecoPC238.jpg

JoseCansecoPC237.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
PadresFan86 said:
Nice cards. I wish Canseco would stop embarrassing himself already :lol:

Mannn, who beat me out for almost all the diffractors yesterday? At least I made you pay for the Larkin lol :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_skipfno ... =1&_ipg=50
Wow............ someone wake up and decide to start building the diffractor set? That's amazing all sold like that.... maybe I should list the couple diffractors I have :mrgreen:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I was the high bidder on the 8 diffractors that were listed on Ebay. The same bidder outbid me the last minute on 5 of them and some Kendall super collector must have bid that one way up. Shortly after that I bought 10 of them that Burbank had on Ebay.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Anybody interested in a partial set of 99 Fleer Brilliants? Looking for 15 sv in return. I have 103 different out of the 175 to complete the set.

img0003uqg.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Ghumbs said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160778350077#ht_500wt_1219

This is a new one to me. I love these late 90s 1/1s.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, back in the Days when 1/1's were really 1/1's

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ghumbs said:

$5,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

or wait, $12 shipping :lol: :lol: :lol:

::facepalm::

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
mansgame said:
Ghumbs said:

$5,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

or wait, $12 shipping :lol: :lol: :lol:

::facepalm::

Shipping is silly; however the opening price is not. Compared to some of the other 90s Jr. 1/1s have sold this is below market.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The Griffey 1/1 is just an ugly card design with the "on the fly" logo from an old Sporting News baseball column, and is a secondary card within that set as well. Even if I were a major Griffey collector, I'd have a tough time shelling out big money for that card.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You know, I find it funny just how cheaply Beckett lists Griffey Jr. cards in comparison to other guys. You will always see Cal Ripken and McGwire cards priced higher. Now I know people collect those guys, and I know beckett gets about 75% of everything wrong as far as prices go...but I would think Griffey Jr. would be more highly collected than any other player from the 90's. And therefore, his prices would either be on equal footing with the others, or in some cases maybe even more. Just an odd tidbit I thought I'd throw out.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I find this really odd. Out of all the 98 Pinnacle Plus Gold Artist Proofs I've bought over the last two weeks, I paid the most for the Caminiti. Griffey was the 3rd most expensive. You just never know with auctions.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
PadresFan86 said:
I find this really odd. Out of all the 98 Pinnacle Plus Gold Artist Proofs I've bought over the last two weeks, I paid the most for the Caminiti. Griffey was the 3rd most expensive. You just never know with auctions.

Eh...I got outbid on a Bagwell diffractor because it went for over $40. Yet I have paid a lot less for way better cards of other players as well as way better Bagwell stuff. I think that has to do more with what people want at that particular time than anything else. But overall, I feel Griffey, and even A-rod are underrepresented price wise in Beckett.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
predatorkj said:
PadresFan86 said:

Eh...I got outbid on a Bagwell diffractor because it went for over $40. Yet I have paid a lot less for way better cards of other players as well as way better Bagwell stuff. I think that has to do more with what people want at that particular time than anything else. But overall, I feel Griffey, and even A-rod are underrepresented price wise in Beckett.
True. I bought my Griffey 98 proof for 20 and then saw one sell for 60 a week later. Maybe set collectors jacking the price up by trying to get a card at a certain time. Not many Caminiti cards out there that I don't have now so I've just been collecting some of the more rare 90's inserts that I like. I do think Griffey is underrated in the card industry. I saw how much that bagwell diffractor went for. I almost went for it before seeing how pricey it got. :?

Members online

Latest posts