Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Finally spotted a Stand & Deliver Gold. Despite having had the Red Letters version for 2 or 3 years, I had never seen a Silver Letters. This is where my RJ collection is, basically any 90s insert I don't have is something that has not been up for sale in 4 years.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Finally spotted a Stand & Deliver Gold. Despite having had the Red Letters version for 2 or 3 years, I had never seen a Silver Letters. This is where my RJ collection is, basically any 90s insert I don't have is something that has not been up for sale in 4 years.

Love them! Great find - looks like the corners and edges are pretty nice!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014

Verdammt

Feb 4, 2014
Wichita, KS
Made a lot of new updates to various pages on Baseballcardpedia.com - check 'em out! The Select, Pinnacle Certified, and Crusade pages particularly look a lot better because of pictures added:

1996 Fleer Tiffany Variations

1998 Donruss Crusade - pictures added to page

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars: Convention Parallels

1998 Pinnacle Certified - pictures added to page

1998 Select - pictures added to page

1998 SPx Finite Promotional Samples

2000 Upper Deck Game Jersey Patch 1 of 1's

My favorite baseball card site just keeps getting better.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Awesome. You are doing the lord's work sir! I'm gonna go look at all those pages now.

Made a lot of new updates to various pages on Baseballcardpedia.com - check 'em out! The Select, Pinnacle Certified, and Crusade pages particularly look a lot better because of pictures added:

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Awesome. You are doing the lord's work sir! I'm gonna go look at all those pages now.

Haha, is this what the prophets felt like? Kidding. And thanks for confirming the Alomar - will update the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not trying to pee in the pool here, but does anyone know if COMC has any issues with their scans being used? I know that this type of "intellectual property borrowing" became a huge issue with Beckett eventually, with folks sharing "their checklists".

Dec 4, 2008
Not sure how rare this is vs. others from the 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview set, but just picked up this Ben McDonald for $.99 with free shipping. I mean - the math on this is neurotic. $.55 for first class stamp and envelope, $.32 for paypal fees, $.10 for ebay fees. By my math the seller just got paid 2 cents to sell this card to me, assuming free listing and no other costs. Yikes. There are a handful of sellers out there like this guy - making no money at all or even losing money just in transaction costs, assuming initial cost of the cards was free. Does anyone see how this makes any sense for them? Not complaining here, happy to find a great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113355846211

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Two pickups (Ortiz and Bonds)

I took about a year off from collecting and reorganizing my collections and have just started getting back into it. Grabbed the Ortiz the minute I saw the listing. As for the Bonds (1993 Donruss Masters of the Game), I have been looking for an original Dick Perez and was amazed to find it for as cheap as I did. Being a kid of the early 90's, I always loved the Diamond King Inserts of '92 and all of the Elite inserts that Perez had a hand in. I think it's funny since generic art in 2nd hand stores sells for as much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 7.30.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 7.30.25 PM.png
    687.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 7.30.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 7.30.47 PM.png
    531.4 KB · Views: 25
  • s-l1600-9.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 24

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009

Great job with the info and pictures!
Here's Manny Ramirez #147 CTA unreleased. I've got 9 total crusade cards for Manny: pack issued, executive prrof XX/#, and these unreleased CTA. I have it in the back of my mind that there may be a 4th version, that being the regular pack issued version of the cards with no serial # and no ***, the area of the serial number location is just blank. I think I recall seeing version of Jose Cruz Jr. like that. The thought was that they might have been replacements for pack damaged cards...anybody else remember seeing those for any other players?

IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg

Dec 4, 2008
These definitely exist at least for the leaf rookies and stars set. A while back I had about 40-50 of these both greens and reds. I don’t recall having any purples. Another seller recently sold a handful of the reds...they went cheap before I could snag them. Recent sales were for Kerry wood, Rich butler, a few others. Search for prior listings and you can see them. Haven’t seen no serial versions from the base 100 card set but they may yet be out there. A never ending chase! Have been following/dealing in crusades since around 2000.

Matt

Here's Manny Ramirez #147 CTA unreleased. I've got 9 total crusade cards for Manny: pack issued, executive prrof XX/#, and these unreleased CTA. I have it in the back of my mind that there may be a 4th version, that being the regular pack issued version of the cards with no serial # and no ***, the area of the serial number location is just blank. I think I recall seeing version of Jose Cruz Jr. like that. The thought was that they might have been replacements for pack damaged cards...anybody else remember seeing those for any other players?

View attachment 84641
View attachment 84642

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Could be that they hope you'll pile on a bunch of cards and would guess that they have pretty much nothing into most of them. Maybe part of a huge collection breakdown where cards were pennies each or less? Guessing they are hoping for volume over quantity of individual sales and maybe a loyal customer base that keeps coming back time and time again. Some people might be ecstatic to get 50 cents to a dollar for many older singles, but when it is one only and shipping is free, that tends to backfire.

Not sure how rare this is vs. others from the 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview set, but just picked up this Ben McDonald for $.99 with free shipping. I mean - the math on this is neurotic. $.55 for first class stamp and envelope, $.32 for paypal fees, $.10 for ebay fees. By my math the seller just got paid 2 cents to sell this card to me, assuming free listing and no other costs. Yikes. There are a handful of sellers out there like this guy - making no money at all or even losing money just in transaction costs, assuming initial cost of the cards was free. Does anyone see how this makes any sense for them? Not complaining here, happy to find a great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113355846211

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014

View attachment 84641
View attachment 84642

Appreciate the info - page has been updated. And yes, the unnumbered versions of the pack-issued Mannys probably exist. Chase never ends!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

View attachment 84641
View attachment 84642

awesome cards, im pretty much done adding to my Bernie collection, the only cards i would add are those CTA ones if i find them

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I can also confirm the existence of the Randy Johnson Call To Arms prototypes. 2x Green, 1x Purple, 1x Red, as I have all 4 currently. Pics in my SCA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts