User Tag List

Page 1386 of 1394 FirstFirst ... 386886128613361376138213831384138513861387138813891390 ... LastLast
Results 20,776 to 20,790 of 20903

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Xeo2099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    These Nomo Epix cards were not even included in the Pinnacle Bankruptcy Find of October 2017 - the intrigue of the DLP bankruptcy continues to grow!
    I've seen some of the Pinnacle Bankruptcy cards posted on the forums and was wondering if anybody has put together a list somewhere of what has been found and what is possibly out there?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    I've been thinking this through and I'd wager that ONLY a season version of Nomo exists. The Play, Game and Moment Eddie Murray were in regularly released packs. The Murray Season was slated for Pinnacle Certified - #E24. Based on the timeline of releases, the All-Star version of E24 was subbed from Murray to Nomo which would've lined up with the Certified release of E24 (Season). Unless we've seen a Murray Season among the bankruptcy releases, I'd say that Murray does not exist and Nomo was slated for Pinnacle Certified instead.
    I think you're right - spoke with the owner of the Nomo Epix Seasons and those were his. This is the same guy behind the Pinnacle Baseball Find. He had the full run of Epix cards that were intended to be released in '98 Pinnacle Certified and card #E24 he had was indeed Hideo Nomo, not Eddie Murray - he did not have an Eddie Murray Season Epix. I'll make these additions to the BBP page. Good eye, @athletics07.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdammt View Post
    I've seen some of the Pinnacle Bankruptcy cards posted on the forums and was wondering if anybody has put together a list somewhere of what has been found and what is possibly out there?
    @AUTaxMan has a library of 1998 Select bankruptcy cards. Can also check out the links I posted a few pages back to the BBP website:
    1998 Select
    1998 Pinnacle Certified
    1998 Donruss Limited

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdammt View Post
    baseballcardpedia has some good info. I used to maintain the 1998 Select info, but when the floodgates seemed to open last year, I didnt feel like taking the time to keep it up. I do have a lot of scans if you are looking for anything in particular.
    Last edited by AUTaxMan; 08-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Xeo2099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    I think you're right - spoke with the owner of the Nomo Epix Seasons and those were his. This is the same guy behind the Pinnacle Baseball Find. He had the full run of Epix cards that were intended to be released in '98 Pinnacle Certified and card #E24 he had was indeed Hideo Nomo, not Eddie Murray - he did not have an Eddie Murray Season Epix. I'll make these additions to the BBP page. Good eye, @athletics07.

@AUTaxMan has a library of 1998 Select bankruptcy cards. Can also check out the links I posted a few pages back to the BBP website:
    1998 Select
    1998 Pinnacle Certified
    1998 Donruss Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    baseballcardpedia has some good info. I used to maintain the 1998 Select info, but when the floodgates seemed to open last year, I didnt feel like taking the time to keep it up. I do have a lot of scans if you are looking for anything in particular.
    Thanks for the links guys. I'm not looking for anything in particular but am curious if there is any Tom Glavine stuff floating around out there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another set of the Juan Gonzalez Epix cards on COMC. This is the 5Th set of theses I have seen now. SOOOOO how rare are they? The seller wants $350 each. I need them but I won't pay even close to that kind of money.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    There is another set of the Juan Gonzalez Epix cards on COMC. This is the 5Th set of theses I have seen now. SOOOOO how rare are they? The seller wants $350 each. I need them but I won't pay even close to that kind of money.
    When all of the copies surfaced last year, I contacted the seller about his Maddux stash, and he wanted an INSANE price per card, even when I offered to buy in bulk. I could never pull the trigger because the of the fact that there really is no way of knowing how much product is out there. I can't imagine paying $300/350 for a Maddux card from the Pinnacle Bankruptcy and then seeing another 10 hit the market over the next few years.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    When all of the copies surfaced last year, I contacted the seller about his Maddux stash, and he wanted an INSANE price per card, even when I offered to buy in bulk. I could never pull the trigger because the of the fact that there really is no way of knowing how much product is out there. I can't imagine paying $300/350 for a Maddux card from the Pinnacle Bankruptcy and then seeing another 10 hit the market over the next few years.
    And that WILL happen!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first contacted him about and purchased the Griffey Epix Moment set he had, told me he had between 1-5 full Epix sets of each player that were to be released in Pinnacle Certified. So this being the 5th set of Juan Gonzalez is not surprising. He also had loose cards - for example, while he had 5 full Epix Moment Griffey sets, he also had one-offs of the Orange and Purple Griffey Moment, but not a 6th Emerald.

Big picture, these are the only handful of Pinnacle Certified sets that have surfaced since 1998. Can more surface? Sure. Could these be the only ones that ever surface? Sure. It's a risk either way!

Mac.Schmitz
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This so so funny but bought a box of 1998 Leaf with a buddy to bust this weekend at National and we pulled a Red Crusade of Mike Mussina! 007/025

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Belle Personal Collection: 2,615/2,891 - 90.5%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you going to cut it in half to split it.

Mac.Schmitz
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you going to cut it in half to split it.
    No. Good news is its my best friend, so we will move it and split the $ or if its a trade we will figure it out. We did a lot of breaks today, so a lot to square up on.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pull. How much was the box?

Mac.Schmitz
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pull. How much was the box?
    I want to say $80 but Id have to see what my buddy got for it.

Any thoughts on what a good price for it would be... the card that is?

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I want to say $80 but I’d have to see what my buddy got for it.

175-200

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I want to say $80 but Id have to see what my buddy got for it.

I think your $500 obo is reasonable. I would hold out for the higher end of that range. Especially since so mint condition and free of refractor lines. There are a couple high end Mussina collectors. Amazing pull. Congrats!