Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Wait, Nigeria! Banjar, what the holy hell are you doing in Nigeria!? Wow! Hope you get back to the US soon and safely.

So these came up for sale in player based lots in the way way back machine around 12 years ago, circa 2007. And the seller was *the-kurdelskis*, our resident Griffey collector. Pretty sure he broke a set. Sadly for all you hardcore player collectors, I picked up a handful of Braves players. I just looked and could find one each of Klesko for Holo Mirror & Holo Blue (99 Prism), and 2x Glavine Holo Mirror + 1 Holo Blue. May have some Smoltz and maybe some other stuff hanging around. Also randomly picked up a couple Holo Gold's non 'd - Sandy Alomar (sorry for the wrong brother) and Mike Mussina.

Looks like the Krukcards lot I spoke of finally sold. It was pretty picked through and didn't really have any interesting players left. A couple of 2000 & 2001 lots are still left. One is linked to below.

Also included a photo of my Glavines with some of his nicer, more presentable friends ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-19-...Nm-Mt-Sheffield-Rogers-Schilling/362502600826

IMG_0977.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks man, Im working in Nigeria for 6 months but I get a vacation halfway through, and that is now. So I'm in Namibia for a couple weeks. Namibia is f'in badass.

I am officially obsessed with pacific parallels. Love those things. One of the good things about this job is that I'll have a gigantic mail day waiting when I get home. Two pacific parallels so far, a platinum blue and a premier date I think. I also have the 96 mirror gold waiting too, but honestly I'm only slightly less excited for the Pacifics. As Beavis would say - "Boioioioing"!

Verdammt

Feb 4, 2014
Wichita, KS

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
That guy selling the pack pulled Mirror Blue PSA 7 Jeter is foolish. I could have sworn they came with a protective coating on the cards and the reason there is a bubble on it. I am half way tempted to buy it break it out the case peal the coating and have it regraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
That guy selling the pack pulled Mirror Blue PSA 7 Jeter is foolish. I could have sworn they came with a protective coating on the cards and the reason there is a bubble on it. I am half way tempted to buy it break it out the case peal the coating and have it regraded.

I wish I still had my PSA 10 Mirror red and the Mirror Blue I got from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I wish I still had my PSA 10 Mirror red and the Mirror Blue I got from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were a trading a lot back then. There has definitely been a jump in the Mirror prices. I remember no one wanted to buy it at $1500 and now everyone would jump on it for that price. When I bought that one was years before for $200.00 off of Dave before he made his auction house. Probably one of my better buys were all 3 of the Mirror cards I owned.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest

Yes, these all have a protective film that can be peeled off. With the coating on, the cards do have little bubbles and appear to have a dull finish. But when you peel the film off the cards really pop with a nice glossy finish (a little rippled like water but very bright).

Takes patience to peel the film off, but even after 22 years, it still comes off clean.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
No view = no thrill

I can honestly say that I checked ebay for Manny Ramirez card listings on at least 99% of days for a solid 15 years...so this is new territory for me. I would occasionally miss a BIN that was listed too cheap, but even that was pretty rare. Over the past year or so I have set up searches designed to "catch" the 20 or so 90's cards on my needs list; cards I needed come up so rarely that it just wasn't worth it anymore to search through every single listing every day....

Looks like I missed a 1999 UD view to a thrill triple/100 that was listed in a lot with Biggio and Bernie triples (of course the triple was spelled "TRP" in the listing, thwarting that search!)

As well as a 1999 UD view to a thrill quadruple/10 that was bought and re-listed with a big BIN.

Anybody here catch either of these that I can offer on?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Yes, these all have a protective film that can be peeled off. With the coating on, the cards do have little bubbles and appear to have a dull finish. But when you peel the film off the cards really pop with a nice glossy finish (a little rippled like water but very bright).

Takes patience to peel the film off, but even after 22 years, it still comes off clean.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I own a few 96 golds and intentionally sought out specimens with the peel still in tact. i'm sure the card would pop more without the peel but I just feel like the card deserve to be kept the way it was issued from the manufacturer.

maybe this should drive me to own two copies, peeled and unpeeled, for those cards...

anyways, this isn't mean to make a moral equivalency...i'm a big fan of to each his own!

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I own a few 96 golds and intentionally sought out specimens with the peel still in tact. i'm sure the card would pop more without the peel but I just feel like the card deserve to be kept the way it was issued from the manufacturer.

maybe this should drive me to own two copies, peeled and unpeeled, for those cards...

anyways, this isn't mean to make a moral equivalency...i'm a big fan of to each his own!

Not when it will cost you 30k per card I would be good with one.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Anyone know whats up with the card on the right 306/480? Is it some sort of misprint or possible replacement card? Also note the different serial # font. Not a big money card I know, but just curious how the foil could be so different, any guesses?

0JYvd0v.jpg

ShW1oSU.jpg

I was scanning eBay for a few prism parallels I need and saw this guy
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/233093354728
Looks like your lofton isn't the only one.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012

Members online