Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Pretty sure it's just a coloring error. Someone on BO posted a Piazza Legacy that had the name in purple foil (but not the Flair or Legacy logos) but was numbered to 100.

Here is the link to a YouTube video, apparently they were pack distributed but they used masterpiece blanks? skip to 11:40 and watch for a few minutes:

I think you nailed it. Cool video.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How about this. Error? Rare? Explanation?

1998 Pinnacle Plus #8 Team Pinnacle
Belle/Bonds

On left, Belle mirror and Bonds not. On right, Bonds mirror and Belle not? Odds...

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1385091099.077676.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1385091127.371032.jpg

Another tough one to photo.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Looks good to me

---

Looks like two different color foils. And the seller makes no mention of the serial number. He has other legacys listed and those all have the serial number in the title. I'm guessing Fleer bankruptcy unnumbered version.

Blane

Oct 13, 2012

Belle/Bonds

On left, Belle mirror and Bonds not. On right, Bonds mirror and Belle not? Odds...

View attachment 26146

View attachment 26147

---

Perhaps I'm lost, but what are you saying is an error or rare? I thought they made the cards to have both versions, foil/not. I've got these:
Scan.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

Belle/Bonds

View attachment 26146

View attachment 26147

---

I don't know if one is rarer than the other but I just got the Ripken foil this year. I didn't know they exist. I knew about the gold (which I don't have) but not about the opposite foil but here they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
interesting info on the

[h=3]All-Star Epix[/h] All-Star Epix is a 24-card set released in both 1998 Score Rookie/Traded and Pinnacle Plus. Similar to the Epix inserts, All-Star Epix showcases All-Star Game highlights on holographic matrix cards.
The first twelve cards were seeded in Score Rookie and Traded packs while the final 12 cards were inserted in Pinnacle Plus packs.
Unlike the first batch of Epix inserts, only one All-Star Epix card per player was produced.
70% of the total production of all All-Star Epix inserts were printed on Orange foil; 20% on Purple foil; and the remaining 10% on Emerald foil.
Orange Odds 1:24
Purple Odds 1:120
Emerald Odds 1:240

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

Belle/Bonds

View attachment 26146

View attachment 26147

---

Odds are
1:71
for the Golds
1:199
This product was the last baseball card set Pinnacle Brands would ever release, as they went out of business just a few weeks later.
pinnplus.jpg

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Would have been nice to see both sides, but them are pretty too. I've been wishing to land the Ripken golds but so far, no luck. Congratulations on yours.....

Thanks. I can tell you that the other side is simply the opposite of the side you see. What exactly were you hoping to see?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't know if one is rarer than the other but I just got the Ripken foil this year. I didn't know they exist. I knew about the gold (which I don't have) but not about the opposite foil but here they are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is exactly what I have. If they were both released, why doesn't Beckett recognize that? I've always just had the Belle mirror until I saw this bonds.

[MENTION=8004]Blane[/MENTION] - Your example is not the same. You are showing the red and gold versions I believe. Mine and the ones above are both the red version. Same card but one side is foil and the other is not between the two.

I wish I could get a scanned to work on these puppies.

---

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
This is exactly what I have. If they were both released, why doesn't Beckett recognize that? I've always just had the Belle mirror until I saw this bonds.

@Blane - Your example is not the same. You are showing the red and gold versions I believe. Mine and the ones above are both the red version. Same card but one side is foil and the other is not between the two.

I wish I could get a scanned to work on these puppies.

---

Yeah I understand what you're saying now but on my cards, both sets, one side is foil and the other is a not, just like those posted. Am I still lost, it's been a long day for me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah I understand what you're saying now but on my cards, both sets, one side is foil and the other is a not, just like those posted. Am I still lost, it's been a long day for me.

Who is on the other side of the Griffey?

Do you have one of the red with Griffey as the mirror (other side not) and one red with the other side mirror and Griffey not? Both red***

---

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Who is on the other side of the Griffey?

Do you have one of the red with Griffey as the mirror (other side not) and one red with the other side mirror and Griffey not? Both red***

---

I believe Larry Walker is on the other side but I'm not 100%. I own both versions, one Griffey with mirror and one without for both red and gold.