Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Love that 98 Starquest Home Run Nomahhh! I remember when I finally decided to buy it from Burbank after seeing it in their listings for two years... it was gone. Ugh. At least I got their Frank!

Great pull on the Bonds Gold Galaxy! Back in the day I got the Bronze Galaxy Travis Lee and I really thought I had something. Silly kids...

If anyone is interested I'm doing a nine box group break of 1998 Donruss Collections in the Group Break Forum.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So it has been asked Why get more than one of each card. it has been stated by many here "why some collectors hoard cards is just ridiculous "
Well here is a very good reason WHY. I was collating the last years Juan pick up's "About 12,000 cards" into my collection. Got to 1998 and came across this!
1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown #30 Juan Gonzalez GOLD Logo. Top card. Scan does not do this justice, really stands out in hand!
attachment.php

Normal card has a copper logo.
attachment.php

I have never seen another or even heard of this variation. So glad I hoard:D

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So it has been asked Why get more than one of each card. it has been stated by many here "why some collectors hoard cards is just ridiculous "
Well here is a very good reason WHY. I was collating the last years Juan pick up's "About 12,000 cards" into my collection. Got to 1998 and came across this!
1998 Topps Minted in Cooperstown #30 Juan Gonzalez GOLD Logo. Top card. Scan does not do this justice, really stands out in hand!
attachment.php

Normal card has a copper logo.
attachment.php

I have never seen another or even heard of this variation. So glad I hoard:D

I've got the two Bagwell's in the gold and copper. Very cool indeed. I added it to my list as different but I know it's not listed. Could it have just been a printer issue? Holding them side by side leads me to believe they are different cards but who knows.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I've got the two Bagwell's in the gold and copper. Very cool indeed. I added it to my list as different but I know it's not listed. Could it have just been a printer issue? Holding them side by side leads me to believe they are different cards but who knows.

Glad to see someone else has them. To have both is awesome.

George we need your input on these.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Are the Minted in Cooperstown hard to come by? I've seen both variations (bronze and gold) listed for Nomar several times. I assumed they were semi-common...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Are the Minted in Cooperstown hard to come by? I've seen both variations (bronze and gold) listed for Nomar several times. I assumed they were semi-common...

The two golds I have are the only ones I've seen. Competition wasn't too stiff on them so I wasn't really sure what I was getting. Just an error or printing defect. It was and still is a mystery but I tend to believe GC's theory. In any case, the bronze pop up from time to time but I'd categorize the bronze as one of those cards that should pop up a lot more than it does. When they do pop, they can be had cheaply. But for Bagwell, I've never seen a plethora of them for sale. Maybe astroburn or timtom could chime in about that.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Anyone have any info on these bad boys? Not sure if they're worthless or not but I don't have the Joey Belle, so what the hell...

Checklist is:

#1 Will Clark
#2 Jose Canseco
#3 Don Mattingly
#4 Darryl Strawberry
#5 Mike Greenwell
#6 Nolan Ryan
#7 Jerome Walton
#8 Ken Griffey Jr.
#9 Ben McDonald
#10 Joey Belle

$_57.JPG