Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Anybody have a 1995 Donruss Press Proof of Caminiti? 2000 of these made and I haven't seen one since I started collecting him 7 months ago.

I just picked up a Bagwell for next to nothing on ebay. I could have sworn I've seen them multiple times before, just never looked for Caminiti. Hell...I didn't even notice I needed it until I got a weird hunch and checked. It's nice to find something you need for cheap.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
sent theses out to player collectors a few years back
1996rares.jpg

1990previews.jpg

Yes you did and thanks!!!!!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think that these are very tough to find......took me 2+ years to get Steve Taft to get the Frank Thomas gamebreaker card out of storage. I almost never see either of the Thomas cards at auction, but I just have this feeling that the slow trickle from Steve will continue for the next 5-10 years and then there will be no more. I've heard that there were 50-100 sets printed. The prices on these cards are surprisingly low for that level of rarity.

Not sure how many people really care about them. You certainly don't see them going too crazy price wise. I neglected to snag one on Beckett marketplace a while back that Magic Pappa pointed me to because it was more than I wanted to pay. About a year ago(last summer I think) I snagged one at auction from this Taft fella for around $35ish? It was a nice summer. Also knocked off the score rules jumbo.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Figured this would be a good place to ask because you guys seem to have almost everything! Can anyone help with any of these or point me in the right direction. I only need 7 more Barry Larkin cards for 100% completion through 1996 (of Beckett listed cards). Feel free to post pictures on these cards of your players if you have them. I would love to see them. Also thought it would be interesting to see what the other player collectors are still looking for pre-1997.
Here is the list of what I still need:

1988 score Samples #72
1989 UD Sheets #2 (Washington DC) - Thanks to Magicpapa for showing me a pic of this the other day!
1995 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405
1996 Collector's Choice Gold Signature #401 TC
1996 Select Certified Interleague Preview #S24 Larkin/Belle SAMPLE
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold #41
1996 UD Diamond Destiny Gold #DD15

Thought this would be a good conversation starter and maybe someone will find something they need:)

Keep an eye on the beckett marketplace for any of the collector's choice gold sigs. I remember needing a ton of them for Bagwell and snagging most of them (from burbank?) on beckett. The price was a few dollars cheaper than I wanted to pay but what the hell...I was able to kill them all off at once so it really helped.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I just picked up a Bagwell for next to nothing on ebay. I could have sworn I've seen them multiple times before, just never looked for Caminiti. Hell...I didn't even notice I needed it until I got a weird hunch and checked. It's nice to find something you need for cheap.
I just find it frustrating and annoying that I can't find a card with a print run of 2,000. Last 1995 Caminti on my want list.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I just find it frustrating and annoying that I can't find a card with a print run of 2,000. Last 1995 Caminti on my want list.

All due respect...cards like these don't ever seem to garner a whole slew of interest and it being Caminiti and all, people probably figure it's not worth the time to list. Trust me...if people only knew...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
All due respect...cards like these don't ever seem to garner a whole slew of interest and it being Caminiti and all, people probably figure it's not worth the time to list. Trust me...if people only knew...

Whenever there's a card like this that no one can seem to track down, it makes you wonder if it was ever even made. Pinnacle had to use redemption cards for some of the 1994 and 1995 Museum Collections because of production issues, so who's to say that Donruss didn't have similar problems? They could have just not issued the card, and assumed no one would care (I recall Caminiti being somewhat of a non-entity in 1995).

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I can see that happening. I bet most people figure it's not worth posting their Caminiti cards for sale. Just wish I could at least find some of the cards I want in lots or team lots.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure how many people really care about them. You certainly don't see them going too crazy price wise. I neglected to snag one on Beckett marketplace a while back that Magic Pappa pointed me to because it was more than I wanted to pay. About a year ago(last summer I think) I snagged one at auction from this Taft fella for around $35ish? It was a nice summer. Also knocked off the score rules jumbo.

the score rules jumbos are HUGE, even tho i have no idea where my Griffey is lol
pirules.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
First mail day on the new site... This makes 6 of the A's and I have 6 of the B's... Very happy to chip away further at these lol
123ec892.jpg