Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Interesting. The Silver I have is a smooth surface. But the two Golds I have (Silver & Red letters) have the textured, “sunburst” pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of these sitting around and just pulled them. I think the etching in some of the cards was incomplete and creates a mostly smooth appearance. I found a handful including the Griffey that were almost completely smooth with just a tiny bit of etching near the players body. Thinking a production defect vs a release based variation. FWIW.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I have a set of these sitting around and just pulled them. I think the etching in some of the cards was incomplete and creates a mostly smooth appearance. I found a handful including the Griffey that were almost completely smooth with just a tiny bit of etching near the players body. Thinking a production defect vs a release based variation. FWIW.

Good to know - I agree with your line of thought

stressreelief

Dec 2, 2011
Chris , you are not going to know what a psa 10 mirror blue will sell for . This clown is just eliminating the competition so he can go after the psa 9 . The guys bidding on his 10 probably aren't going after the 9 now . Look at the big picture . The guy hasn't sold a thing in over a year and has never sold a "graded" jeter card . He is a collector ! He scheduled the card to end after the pwcc auction so he can take his card off of Ebay . Even if he doesn't win the pwcc card , this card will surely be pulled from Ebay . I guarantee you that card is NOT for sale . Just another clown that thinks he is smarter than everyone else . Guys , this is the only forum I belong to . Feel free to give this to Superdan over at blowout and let him show you how this scam works ! Later , John

stressreelief

Dec 2, 2011
Chris , Another thing . Why would you list an incredibly rare , highly sought after card at the same time another one is up for sale . Their is only so much collectors money available in a given week . You are guaranteeing you wont get the best price for your card . Now that's foolish , and to list it a day after guys have gone after all of the nice stuff pwcc has listed and shot their proverbial load . Wake up my friend ! It is nice to have you back in the States and I hope all is well with you and your family . Happy New Year to all of you crazy insert chasers !

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
For a scant $9500, you can get your very own factory sealed(!) case of 1993 Finest, with a chance of getting 12 refractors.

finest.png

http://shop.bbcexchange.com/1993_Topps_Finest_Baseball_Case__12_Box___Factory_Sealed_-ITEM14906.aspx

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
For a scant $9500, you can get your very own factory sealed(!) case of 1993 Finest, with a chance of getting 12 refractors.

finest.png

http://shop.bbcexchange.com/1993_Topps_Finest_Baseball_Case__12_Box___Factory_Sealed_-ITEM14906.aspx

Someone was trying to sell a different one on eBay a month or so ago for $14k+. I sent the seller a message to negotiate and he said he'd already turned down an offer of $10k. He probably should have taken the $10k...

I wonder how many of these are floating around out there. Does BBCE entertain offers?

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Chris , Another thing . Why would you list an incredibly rare , highly sought after card at the same time another one is up for sale . Their is only so much collectors money available in a given week . You are guaranteeing you wont get the best price for your card . Now that's foolish , and to list it a day after guys have gone after all of the nice stuff pwcc has listed and shot their proverbial load . Wake up my friend ! It is nice to have you back in the States and I hope all is well with you and your family . Happy New Year to all of you crazy insert chasers !

John,

I didn’t notice the PSA 9 don’t follow as much as before at the moment. My goal in the long run is saving for the one card I want the most. I might get a card every few months now if the price is right. Just thinking back to when I bought the PSA 10 Mirror Blue seems crazy it has gone up to this level in such a short time. Hope all is well with you I haven’t talked to you in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

finest.png

Selling by the box, they should fetch around $8,000. I'm not sure a sealed case warrants a $1,500 premium, but I do know the FASC guys go nuts over this stuff. Since the wrapping around the Finest boxes don't have any markings, they have been known to have been opened with the refractor pack taken out (they are noticeably lighter color than the others) and resealed. I would imagine a sealed case is a holy grail item for the unopened guys. It just might be worth the $1500 extra - ESPECIALLY when it is BBCE wrapped and coming from them, to boot!

Members online