Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I didn't mean to cause such this much debate on a card. I honestly am hoping for a trade sale and no I don't think this is anywhere near the Mirror Gold level. I am more hoping for a trade sale on something like the Crusade Red. There are a lot of people who have multiple of the Mirror Golds which causes the price inflation. I know the Mirror Gold is out of my reach and the only way I could get it will be to sell a ton of cards I don't want and get enough saved up to shoot an offer to someone and see what they think. I still don't think a PSA 8 shouldn't go for over 12k which is where I was estimating it would sell for and look at some of the bidders there is some shill bidding going on probably from the owner trying to get every penny they can for the card. Congrats to whoever wins though it's a card I wish I owned as well. The fact I know where half of the Mirror Golds are is crazy. I just know I need to shoot high for that card. I will worry about that after I retire from the military next year and get another job this will be a slow card buying year for me if I buy any at all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Hey, I'm the one who actually just won the Maddux Mirror Black card. I had bid on it when it was first went up for auction, but one or two others sniped it from me at the last minute (I had bid just under 2k). This time I went north of 2K. Did you bid on this one this go around?
Congrats, I was the under-bidder both times.

Sorry to accuse, your eBay account appears similar to the last winner of this card. Glad it went to a PC guy.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The mirror golds are cool but I'm not sure why people seem to be willing to pay more for them than the crusades. Is it simply because it's a year older? I know to each their own but I own a red crusade. I can't fathom a mirror gold looking much cooler.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The mirror golds are cool but I'm not sure why people seem to be willing to pay more for them than the crusades. Is it simply because it's a year older? I know to each their own but I own a red crusade. I can't fathom a mirror gold looking much cooler.
Like you said to each their own. Although I "need" and want to add a Red Crusade, its never really been on my must have list. On the other hand the Mirror (which I own) is one on the key parts in my collection to me and put it a few levels above the Crusade.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The Bronze is definitely not a $100 card. I flinched at the asking price of the last seller at $1200. I believe I offered $850 for it, which I thought was a strong offer, but it wasn't strong enough. To buy it for $1200, and act like an $8000 offer isn't high enough, in my opinion, is ****ing ridiculous. Especially since the current owner posts pictures, explanations, opinions, and anything else he can possibly post about it, whenever he can post it. I wasn't saying it's not a rare card. I wasn't saying it's only worth $100. I'm saying I'm effing tired of seeing it every time a rare card pops up.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
The Bronze is definitely not a $100 card. I flinched at the asking price of the last seller at $1200. I believe I offered $850 for it, which I thought was a strong offer, but it wasn't strong enough. To buy it for $1200, and act like an $8000 offer isn't high enough, in my opinion, is ****ing ridiculous. Especially since the current owner posts pictures, explanations, opinions, and anything else he can possibly post about it, whenever he can post it. I wasn't saying it's not a rare card. I wasn't saying it's only worth $100. I'm saying I'm effing tired of seeing it every time a rare card pops up.

You still on this topic your price is off the guy was askingmore than that $1200.00 you posted and since then he has sold a Juan Gonzalezand an Error for $1000.00 each so your $800.00 offer was low compared to whatothers I have sold for and I have not passed on the deal just taking my time onif I will take it or not. I feel like you have an issue with me which is fineto me I could care less but if I had known this would cause this kind of anuproar I would have never mentioned what was offered to me. The card is worthwhat you’re willing to spend and the seller is willing to sell for the mostexpensive I know of that sold was $8k for the Will Clark and I was offered $10kfor my Jeter which I passed on. Knowing the Silver Jeter Promo last sold for$550.00 tells me these cards are sought after but maybe not by you. I gaveeveryone here the opportunity to get this card and no one wanted it at the$1500.00 price the 1st seller wanted for it. I have since got these same cardslisted in beckett as a set because there out there and most never knew about it.Do I expect to get a Mirror Gold or Crusade Red Jeter for it no I don't youdon't have to worry though I will not be posting this card on here ever againbecause you bring a lot of negativity towards me on a card and this is not myintention. But I agree the Crusade Red to me looks better than the Mirror Goldbut why the Mirror Gold has so much appeal over the Crusade Red is because it'sthe 1st really low numbered card that came from packs. I can't believe thevalue that is put on them when it seems like the Mirror Blue has a far lessvalue and the difference is 15 extra cards. The only reason I can think of isso many are being held by a few collectors and not being sold I can think of 12that probably will not hit the market for a very long time if ever which putsthe total number possibly available at 18 left. Everyone has their dream cardsand mine are the Crusade Red and Mirror Gold but I am not holding my breath onit because they pop up every few years and some crazy rich guys puts it way outof range for the not as rich collectors to obtain. Minus two cards I havebought this year I really have not been buying much. I did get the 1998SportzCubz Jeter as well and a 1997 Bowman Proof from the Topps Vault. I kindof regret the 1997 Bowman Proof but I am not willing to take a loss on it so Iwill keep the card. I am done with the topic you can post what you want but youwill be the one prolonging a topic you make it as you don’t care about and putsuch a low value to those particular cards but that’s just you and a few otherspeople have deep pockets might think differently.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Like you said to each their own. Although I "need" and want to add a Red Crusade, its never really been on my must have list. On the other hand the Mirror (which I own) is one on the key parts in my collection to me and put it a few levels above the Crusade.

Ryan

Why? What makes it a few levels above the red crusade?

To me, they are overrated. Especially the price difference. What would I be paying all the extra money for?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

To me, they are overrated. Especially the price difference. What would I be paying all the extra money for?
I'm not sure how to answer that question. It's just my opinion. No different than you valuing the Red over the Gold. Both nice limited cards, but if i had to chooss one I'd choose the Gold and there would be other wants before I got to the Red on my list of favorites.

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

For me the 1996 Set is above most 90s inserts due to timing and emotion. These were the second truly rare insert to launch after the 1993 Refractors. The scarcity and hype quickly took pack prices to $50+. People had to have them

The Crusade cards are nice but flawed (imho). First how they were packed out was frustrating. You had to hunt over several products to find cards. By this time inserts had already been serial numbered and they really weren't special. Don't get me wrong they are a great set and I have moments when I regret not finishing before selling the Red set but for me they are the 1B set whereas the 1996 Mirrors are 1A.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
For me the 1996 Set is above most 90s inserts due to timing and emotion. These were the second truly rare insert to launch after the 1993 Refractors. The scarcity and hype quickly took pack prices to $50+. People had to have them

The Crusade cards are nice but flawed (imho). First how they were packed out was frustrating. You had to hunt over several products to find cards. By this time inserts had already been serial numbered and they really weren't special. Don't get me wrong they are a great set and I have moments when I regret not finishing before selling the Red set but for me they are the 1B set whereas the 1996 Mirrors are 1A.

For me, 1996 Mirrors are the 90's #1 parallel, and 1998 Crusades are the 90's #1 insert. So they're both #1 's. I realize most people have come to regard parallels as inserts, but to me, there is still a real distinction.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If I had the mirror gold and not the red crusade, I'd say the crusade would be my favorite. Since I have the red crusade, the mirror is my favorite (funny how that works, huh?) Actually, the 97 totally certified platinum is right up there with them as well. Not many folks seem to talk about them as much as the 96 mirror golds, but I still need it, so there for they are all on the same level to me.

As far as 90's inserts/parallels go, these too, are in the same league due to beauty and scarcity:

052015.jpg

0812162.jpg

Members online