Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I hope I am imagining this, but suddenly I think I have memories of receiving these cards and throwing them out. I need to undergo hypnosis to recall for sure. I didn't have much money back then so low-end was my game and I loved the hell out of Score from 1994 to 1997.

I can't recall how my platinum team sets arrived, but now I'm thinking that, at least with some, the gold cards were returned. Unlike the encased platinum team sets, the gold sets were just in simple baggies and many of them had major damage like crushed corners. At the time I think I considered the stamps to be damage as well, making the cards worthless. And I was so caught up with the sparkly glory of the platinums that I considered any gold version to be the red-headed stepchildren compared to the platinums.

I was also pretty pissed off that with two of my redemptions they sent me back a rejection notice saying they wouldn't ship it to my PO Box. That was BS because all my others were returned to my PO Box. And the worst part was that it was the White Sox and Orioles - Frank and Cal were two of the highest value cards. A-ha, I think that's what happened. They sent me back my gold sets and not only did I not get the platinums for those two, but the two gold team sets I had sent in were returned damaged. And I still need the Orioles. Now I'm thinking I did not get the stamped cards hmm

Whew, disaster averted, at least in my own mind :D

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
nosterbor said:
Fandruw25 said:
nosterbor said:

I was watching it, was gonna snipe but found a couple other Andruw's to buy so I Pm'd Russ. Doesn't look like he won though.
that one was cheap compaired to this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWAX%3AIT
Went low because it wasn't labeled a diffractor.
I noticed it as soon as it was listed. I was the first bidder, and threw another bid on towards the end.
Didn't win, but I didn't try too hard either. Money is being focused on the 2011 Bowman "investment" which will provide for more $$$ for the Ripken PC. ;)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Russ S. said:
nosterbor said:
Fandruw25 said:
nosterbor said:

I was watching it, was gonna snipe but found a couple other Andruw's to buy so I Pm'd Russ. Doesn't look like he won though.

I noticed it as soon as it was listed. I was the first bidder, and threw another bid on towards the end.
Didn't win, but I didn't try too hard either. Money is being focused on the 2011 Bowman "investment" which will provide for more $$$ for the Ripken PC. ;)
understood. however, will you see another?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
nosterbor said:
Russ S. said:
nosterbor said:
Fandruw25 said:
nosterbor said:

understood. however, will you see another?
Absolutely. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but they aren't 1/1's. ;)

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I didn't read the auction carefully before bidding. :benson:

Exactly how rare are these 1998 Studio Media Test Issue cards? [ebay:1upckdj4]250816884018[/ebay:1upckdj4]. Rarer than /300 I hope. I don't recall seeing these too often, and I have yet to see the O'Neill.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
nevermore said:

Exactly how rare are these 1998 Studio Media Test Issue cards? [ebay:3s4q5riz]250816884018[/ebay:3s4q5riz]. Rarer than /300 I hope. I don't recall seeing these too often, and I have yet to see the O'Neill.

Those are executive promos...should be less than 10.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
BunchOBull said:
nevermore said:

Exactly how rare are these 1998 Studio Media Test Issue cards? [ebay:2plsa23j]250816884018[/ebay:2plsa23j]. Rarer than /300 I hope. I don't recall seeing these too often, and I have yet to see the O'Neill.

Ok, with all this "Executive Promo" chatter the last few days, is this "info" just on certain sets.
I have numerous Ripken Promos that are ***'d before the /Print Run and have seen tons more of the same card then /10.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The *** designation on 1997 and 1998 Donruss products were in house promos. There are earlier items with *** designation that were produced in much greater quantity.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thanks for the info. If it is around /10 then it's a decent price for just the Bernie.

Too bad the auction wasn't for all 8 cards as I had hoped when I bid. With the exception of Sheffield, I don't think the other guys aren't heavily collected anyways.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Russ S. said:
BunchOBull said:
nevermore said:

Exactly how rare are these 1998 Studio Media Test Issue cards? [ebay:wt5azduv]250816884018[/ebay:wt5azduv]. Rarer than /300 I hope. I don't recall seeing these too often, and I have yet to see the O'Neill.

Ok, with all this "Executive Promo" chatter the last few days, is this "info" just on certain sets.
I have numerous Ripken Promos that are ***'d before the /Print Run and have seen tons more of the same card then /10.

Hey Russ,
Post 'em when you have some time. I'd like to see what cards you're talking about.

Members online

Latest posts