Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] - Cool. What do you know about them? Maybe you could scan the back fro GC. I saw the auction go up and was like HUH and never seen the Belle and thought what the hell for $10 or whatever. Couple good players in there, so thought downside is I'm out $10 but get a Belle I don't have... upside is endless I guess considering it could of been something super rare LOL!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Mac, I know I have a few of the Mattinglys. I don't think the set is rare. I can't get to my scanner until the morning but if you still need it I will do it in the morning.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Some more Nomar Madness:
99RedLabelClass1PSA10_zpsf5a88ac5.png

99RedLabelClass3_zps49aeeaa7.png

98GoldLabelClass2_zps4e0da1ee.png

99TriumviratePSA10_zps55002aa1.png

99VictoryParellel_zps9d61b639.png

I love getting Red Labels and I only need a few more!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The two golds I have are the only ones I've seen. Competition wasn't too stiff on them so I wasn't really sure what I was getting. Just an error or printing defect. It was and still is a mystery but I tend to believe GC's theory. In any case, the bronze pop up from time to time but I'd categorize the bronze as one of those cards that should pop up a lot more than it does. When they do pop, they can be had cheaply. But for Bagwell, I've never seen a plethora of them for sale. Maybe astroburn or timtom could chime in about that.

Never even knew there was a gold version. Aargh! Im gonna go check my doubles...

Nope. Dont have a minted double, and the one in my binder is copper. Aaron, any chance of getting hooked up with your extra?

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
What's the story on the Fractal Die-Cut XX/50? I picked up a Bobby Jones like that for my player collection but had never seen one before. The "XX/50" is printed on the card, not stamped, same as your Lankford...what types of samples are these?

I always viewed these as in-house samples/prototypes or test cards. Each card would have been made and proofed and given some mark. I think we collectors often look too deeply into these, calling them "Executive Proof" or some other name when these are just QA/QC printings.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I always viewed these as in-house samples/prototypes or test cards. Each card would have been made and proofed and given some mark. I think we collectors often look too deeply into these, calling them "Executive Proof" or some other name when these are just QA/QC printings.

You making a run at that giant Musial auto lot George?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Never even knew there was a gold version. Aargh! Im gonna go check my doubles...

Nope. Dont have a minted double, and the one in my binder is copper. Aaron, any chance of getting hooked up with your extra?

I would do so gladly but there were two Bagwell's in that set. One was him alone and the other had him and Frank Thomas on it together. Two different cards. I have one of each.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
As far as Broder sets go, that's a pretty good one.

Anyone have any info on these bad boys? Not sure if they're worthless or not but I don't have the Joey Belle, so what the hell...

Checklist is:

#1 Will Clark
#2 Jose Canseco
#3 Don Mattingly
#4 Darryl Strawberry
#5 Mike Greenwell
#6 Nolan Ryan
#7 Jerome Walton
#8 Ken Griffey Jr.
#9 Ben McDonald
#10 Joey Belle

$_57.JPG

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Huge Nomar card arrived today:

02TripleCrownHomeRun_zps308ed7a8.png

From what I can tell the numbering varied from player to player. Anyone else have the Home Run Parallel?

Great pickup !

I've got 4-5 players that were partially numbered. They are /*** , the front number isn't stamped. They come from the Fleer auction . Because Nomar hit a whopping 4 hrs ;) that's why it's /4. Bonds is /73 etc

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts