Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sending an item to a military base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
I went to the post office today to send a card out to a member who lives on a military base and I presented the package to the post office agent who told me that you can not do signature confirmation on a first class item to a military base?? In my 10 years of selling, I had never sent one to a military base so I'm not sure if this was a new agent or if it is actually true. So, I had to send it "delivery confirmation" and cross my fingers that there are no problems. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is true or not?

Thanks

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I can't think of any reason that would be true. The post office, UPS and FedEx deliver to offices, housing, barracks and even aircraft hangars on military bases. It might be true for an APO, or something else overseas, but I can't see any reason you couldn't do signature confirmation on a military base.
---

I checked USPS.com and found this:

Signature Confirmation is currently not available to APO/FPO locations.

So it's not "military bases", it's just overseas military addresses. You could use it to a stateside address.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
DaClyde said:
I can't think of any reason that would be true. The post office, UPS and FedEx deliver to offices, housing, barracks and even aircraft hangars on military bases. It might be true for an APO, or something else overseas, but I can't see any reason you couldn't do signature confirmation on a military base.
---

I checked USPS.com and found this:

Signature Confirmation is currently not available to APO/FPO locations.

So it's not "military bases", it's just overseas military addresses. You could use it to a stateside address.
That's the key right there.
It's just overseas location that do not accept sig. Conf.

Was it a stateside addy? If so, your clerk is an idiot.

brumbach

You can use Delivery Confirmations for APOs, but they will get scanned as Delivered at the final US stop before going overseas. I found that out when I sold something to an APO in Japan and it took almost a month to get there. Turns out that the package was scanned in San Francisco as Delivered and then took over three weeks to get to the APO in Japan.

Members online

Latest posts