Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Playoffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
dallas will win it all
and what could have been with these C's
they really could have had 3 championships
in 08 obviously
in 09 they were an elite team as well b4 KG went down
then last year perk going down and they still almost won
oh well ill take the 1 championship it was fun

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Tomlinson21RB said:
bungle77 said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close.

While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.

He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Wade HAS won a title without LeBron, which means something.
And I'm not saying LeBron isn't a great player, or possibly the best in the league. I'm saying that he was last year, too, and got bounced. (Of course, he also had that "elbow injury" last year - I wonder if he feels a little foolish after seeing what a real elbow injury was)

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
bungle77 said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
bungle77 said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close.

While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.

He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Wade HAS won a title without LeBron, which means something.
And I'm not saying LeBron isn't a great player, or possibly the best in the league. I'm saying that he was last year, too, and got bounced. (Of course, he also had that "elbow injury" last year - I wonder if he feels a little foolish after seeing what a real elbow injury was)

I meant in this series the heat wouldn't have won without both of them, not in their NBA career.

But, since you mentioned it. Wade had players around him to help win that title. Shaq was still a 20/10 guy and James Posey was James Posey. Solid role players like Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton, and Udonis Haslem filled out the roster. That's not including the fact that the 2005-06 title was a farce. The refs gave that title to the Heat more than the Heat won. If anyone looked at Wade the wrong way they got whistled for a foul.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
kdailey4315 said:
Doc reups for 5 more years. I really hope there is no lock out and these guys can have 1 more run.

A nice shortened season might be what the C's need to truly compete next year.

With the length of the extension it really makes you think the C's have a legitimate plan on how to retool even after Kevin, Ray and Paul are gone. Unfortunately, I believe that plan includes trading Rondo and his great contract. I could see Boston making a serious run at getting Dwight Howard and either Paul or Williams. They'd still have Pierce under contract, and could probably sign Ray for another year or two at a reduced rate. With Doc, Pierce and Allen still there, I could see Howard and one of the pg's seeing the value in signing together in Boston.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Tomlinson21RB said:
kdailey4315 said:
Doc reups for 5 more years. I really hope there is no lock out and these guys can have 1 more run.

A nice shortened season might be what the C's need to truly compete next year.

With the length of the extension it really makes you think the C's have a legitimate plan on how to retool even after Kevin, Ray and Paul are gone. Unfortunately, I believe that plan includes trading Rondo and his great contract. I could see Boston making a serious run at getting Dwight Howard and either Paul or Williams. They'd still have Pierce under contract, and could probably sign Ray for another year or two at a reduced rate. With Doc, Pierce and Allen still there, I could see Howard and one of the pg's seeing the value in signing together in Boston.

I love and applaud the grittiness and heart of Rajon Rondo. I will drive him to the airport if I'm picking up Chris Paul from his flight in.

Latest posts