Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Playoffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow, Lakers get swept out of the playoffs. Maybe they should have traded Bynum for Carmelo a few months back?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Bynum better get a fat ass fine and multi game suspension for next year. I wish they could save his suspension for the playoffs next year.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
G $MONEY$ said:
Wow, Lakers get swept out of the playoffs. Maybe they should have traded Bynum for Carmelo a few months back?
I said back around christmas that if the Lakers didn't get a guard that could contribute the Lakers would be in big trouble. Fisher, Barnes, Blake, Walton, Artest, & Bynum need to go. Pissed me off when they sat on their fat asses and let the trade deadline come and go without doing anything to help them. I don't know why they value Bynum so much, how good would they have been had they traded him for Garnett a few years ago when they had the chance. Carmelo might have been able to help or he might have disappeared like he did in NY. They have owned the Mavs up until this series and I hate seeing that POS Cuban's team win. Well it looks like the title will head out east this year. Dallas, Memphis, or OKC can't beat Chicago, Miami, or Boston. Oh well, I hope this was a wakeup call for them.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
^i think the Hawks will win the east if they win Game 5. they can definitely beat Boston, and they match up well against the Heat, just like they did against Orlando.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
kdailey4315 said:
Bynum better get a fat ass fine and multi game suspension for next year. I wish they could save his suspension for the playoffs next year.

If he doesn't get something the league is a joke. That was one of the worst flagrants I've seen in a very long time.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
^agreed. not only that, but it was dangerous because Barea was basically at the apex of his jump, and has a long way to fall since he is tiny. plus Bynum probably has 80 pounds on him.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
The only thing that was worse to me was when Rudy Tomjonavich (SP?) was sucker punched and has his face broken. This was definitely the worse I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Rondo is officially a man amongst boys. coming out strong in game 4. I hope the C's can keep up this intensity for however long they last in the playoffs. If they lose playing like this then they shouldn't have any regrets.

Saw this today and enjoyed it. It's from a Boston website, so take it for what it's worth:
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/m/rand ... ondo-aint/

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
2 things from tonight or the series

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close. I think after this hard fought series, the heat have really become a team. I'd pick them to win the title.

It's going to be sad watching what will most likely be Kevin Garnett's last game next time they play. He's talked about retirement a lot this year, and with the likely lockout I don't see him coming back with another year on his legs. He's been an absolute pleasure to watch the last few years in Boston. He's the type of player you hate if your team is playing him, but love having him on your team.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Wehttam6 said:
Jeff Teauge's making Larry Drew look foolish for not giving him more playing time this year.

I really thought he was going to be starting all year... I think Drew is only a marginally better coach than Woodson, to be honest... and neither is good at developing young players. teague should be on a Ty Lawson level at least by now. he's got too much talent to have been playing behind Bibby all year, and to even be behind Hinrich

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Tomlinson21RB said:
2 things from tonight or the series

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close. I think after this hard fought series, the heat have really become a team. I'd pick them to win the title.

It's going to be sad watching what will most likely be Kevin Garnett's last game next time they play. He's talked about retirement a lot this year, and with the likely lockout I don't see him coming back with another year on his legs. He's been an absolute pleasure to watch the last few years in Boston. He's the type of player you hate if your team is playing him, but love having him on your team.

LeBron is just a beast. No matter how much I dislike him I have to give it up to him. We'll see if they're really tested in the conference finals and/or the finals to see if he quits again like last year.

I read an article a few months ago about the lock out and how it would affect some of the older players. Garnett, Kidd, and possibly Duncan. I hope there isn't a lock out because I really want to see those players keep playing.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
ugh, watching the Hawks is maddening sometimes... so sick of Johnson and Crawford and them pretending like its 2009. Larry Drew is barely different than Woodson. the rest of the team is playing basketball and JC and JJ are still hoisting up miracles and thinking they're the ****. so over it. this team plays so much better with Teague handling the ball.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Congrats to the big two in Miami. Loved LeBron's post game interview. Totally humble and respectful towards the Celts.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
DaveH said:
ugh, watching the Hawks is maddening sometimes... so sick of Johnson and Crawford and them pretending like its 2009. Larry Drew is barely different than Woodson. the rest of the team is playing basketball and JC and JJ are still hoisting up miracles and thinking they're the ****. so over it. this team plays so much better with Teague handling the ball.
Dude, Teague couldn't miss a floater/tear-drop shot last night.
And I agree about JJ & JC, even the announcers can tell when the Hawks offense is becoming "stagnant" when the team Iso's with one of those guys. Then whichever one of them has the ball just throws up a contested shot. Crawford seemed to make those shots against the Magic (or at least the two games that I saw), but the team shouldn't depend on shots like that.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
not only should they not depend on them, but JC and JJ should be smart enough by now to quit taking them when they aren't on. why does it take Crawford 8 misses to figure this out? especially when his teammates are shooting well?

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Tomlinson21RB said:
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close.

While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.

Aug 29, 2008
bungle77 said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.

And thats the exact reason why he didn't stay in Cleveland. With Wade and sort of Bosh, if he has an off game or even an off half they aren't dead in the water. Wade carried them in the 1st half and then Bron took over in the 2nd.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
bungle77 said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

LeBron demands just as much attention on the offensive end, even when he doesn't score big in the first half. He's probably the best defender in the league, and one of the best passers. He doesn't need to score big in the first half, especially when he still ends up with 30+ points. LeBron won the last two games for the Heat. He changed the momentum when he hit that huge three in game 4 right after Ray Allen hit one. He rattled off all those points to close the game last night after being tied 87-87.

LeBron is the best player on his team and in the NBA. He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.

Members online

Latest posts