Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Playoffs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2011 Playoffs

2 things from tonight or the series

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close. I think after this hard fought series, the heat have really become a team. I'd pick them to win the title.

It's going to be sad watching what will most likely be Kevin Garnett's last game next time they play. He's talked about retirement a lot this year, and with the likely lockout I don't see him coming back with another year on his legs. He's been an absolute pleasure to watch the last few years in Boston. He's the type of player you hate if your team is playing him, but love having him on your team.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wehttam6
    Jeff Teauge's making Larry Drew look foolish for not giving him more playing time this year.

I really thought he was going to be starting all year... I think Drew is only a marginally better coach than Woodson, to be honest... and neither is good at developing young players. teague should be on a Ty Lawson level at least by now. he's got too much talent to have been playing behind Bibby all year, and to even be behind Hinrich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinson21RB
    2 things from tonight or the series

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close. I think after this hard fought series, the heat have really become a team. I'd pick them to win the title.

It's going to be sad watching what will most likely be Kevin Garnett's last game next time they play. He's talked about retirement a lot this year, and with the likely lockout I don't see him coming back with another year on his legs. He's been an absolute pleasure to watch the last few years in Boston. He's the type of player you hate if your team is playing him, but love having him on your team.
    LeBron is just a beast. No matter how much I dislike him I have to give it up to him. We'll see if they're really tested in the conference finals and/or the finals to see if he quits again like last year.

I read an article a few months ago about the lock out and how it would affect some of the older players. Garnett, Kidd, and possibly Duncan. I hope there isn't a lock out because I really want to see those players keep playing.

The awesomeness of my sig is brought to you by JBel4331

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh, watching the Hawks is maddening sometimes... so sick of Johnson and Crawford and them pretending like its 2009. Larry Drew is barely different than Woodson. the rest of the team is playing basketball and JC and JJ are still hoisting up miracles and thinking they're the ****. so over it. this team plays so much better with Teague handling the ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to the big two in Miami. Loved LeBron's post game interview. Totally humble and respectful towards the Celts.

6wehttam6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH
    ugh, watching the Hawks is maddening sometimes... so sick of Johnson and Crawford and them pretending like its 2009. Larry Drew is barely different than Woodson. the rest of the team is playing basketball and JC and JJ are still hoisting up miracles and thinking they're the ****. so over it. this team plays so much better with Teague handling the ball.
    Dude, Teague couldn't miss a floater/tear-drop shot last night.
    And I agree about JJ & JC, even the announcers can tell when the Hawks offense is becoming "stagnant" when the team Iso's with one of those guys. Then whichever one of them has the ball just throws up a contested shot. Crawford seemed to make those shots against the Magic (or at least the two games that I saw), but the team shouldn't depend on shots like that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only should they not depend on them, but JC and JJ should be smart enough by now to quit taking them when they aren't on. why does it take Crawford 8 misses to figure this out? especially when his teammates are shooting well?

kc037
     kc37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. There isn't even anyone close.
    While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
    LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.
    Done.
    The only card I want is a 2003-04 Bowman Chrome Patrice Bergeron Gold Refractor auto RC /5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bungle77

While this may or may not be true, Wade is the reason they won. He is a much more consistent player, and nights like last night where LeBron has a terrible first half would bury his other teams in the past. Wade kept them in the game by himself, and allowed them to be close enough to where LeBron could find his rhythm and contribute late.
    LeBron gave that same first-half performance a couple of times last year in the playoffs, and he went home because of it.
    And thats the exact reason why he didn't stay in Cleveland. With Wade and sort of Bosh, if he has an off game or even an off half they aren't dead in the water. Wade carried them in the 1st half and then Bron took over in the 2nd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LeBron demands just as much attention on the offensive end, even when he doesn't score big in the first half. He's probably the best defender in the league, and one of the best passers. He doesn't need to score big in the first half, especially when he still ends up with 30+ points. LeBron won the last two games for the Heat. He changed the momentum when he hit that huge three in game 4 right after Ray Allen hit one. He rattled off all those points to close the game last night after being tied 87-87.

LeBron is the best player on his team and in the NBA. He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dallas will win it all
    and what could have been with these C's
    they really could have had 3 championships
    in 08 obviously
    in 09 they were an elite team as well b4 KG went down
    then last year perk going down and they still almost won
    oh well ill take the 1 championship it was fun
    Prospectors killed the hobby

kc037
     kc37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.
    We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Wade HAS won a title without LeBron, which means something.
    And I'm not saying LeBron isn't a great player, or possibly the best in the league. I'm saying that he was last year, too, and got bounced. (Of course, he also had that "elbow injury" last year - I wonder if he feels a little foolish after seeing what a real elbow injury was)
    Done.
    The only card I want is a 2003-04 Bowman Chrome Patrice Bergeron Gold Refractor auto RC /5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wouldn't have won it without Wade, but Wade wouldn't have won without LeBron. In my opinion he had far more to do with winning this series than Wade did.
    We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Wade HAS won a title without LeBron, which means something.
    And I'm not saying LeBron isn't a great player, or possibly the best in the league. I'm saying that he was last year, too, and got bounced. (Of course, he also had that "elbow injury" last year - I wonder if he feels a little foolish after seeing what a real elbow injury was)
    I meant in this series the heat wouldn't have won without both of them, not in their NBA career.

But, since you mentioned it. Wade had players around him to help win that title. Shaq was still a 20/10 guy and James Posey was James Posey. Solid role players like Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton, and Udonis Haslem filled out the roster. That's not including the fact that the 2005-06 title was a farce. The refs gave that title to the Heat more than the Heat won. If anyone looked at Wade the wrong way they got whistled for a foul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doc reups for 5 more years. I really hope there is no lock out and these guys can have 1 more run.

The awesomeness of my sig is brought to you by JBel4331

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdailey4315
    Doc reups for 5 more years. I really hope there is no lock out and these guys can have 1 more run.
    A nice shortened season might be what the C's need to truly compete next year.

With the length of the extension it really makes you think the C's have a legitimate plan on how to retool even after Kevin, Ray and Paul are gone. Unfortunately, I believe that plan includes trading Rondo and his great contract. I could see Boston making a serious run at getting Dwight Howard and either Paul or Williams. They'd still have Pierce under contract, and could probably sign Ray for another year or two at a reduced rate. With Doc, Pierce and Allen still there, I could see Howard and one of the pg's seeing the value in signing together in Boston.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast