Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Playoffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Playoffs about to begin, I think it will be either the Spurs or Lakers from the west but I think that the Bulls are the team to beat in the east and probably take it all. Whatever happens as long as the Heat don't win I will be happy. Possible darkhorse from the west, OKC.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I'm hoping the almost full week of rest for the Celtics helps them get their act together, but I don't think they have it this year. Chicago is the better team, but I could see the Heat upsetting them in the conference finals.

If the C's are out, I'd love to see Dallas, Portland, OKC or Miami win the title. I know people love to crap on Lebron for going to the heat, but growing up I always wondered why the best players didn't join forces and sacrifice personal stats or money for wins. I was really happy to see it happen finally, and it's been great for the league. Either people love it or hate it, and it's created a lot of interest in what happens from both sides.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
You have to feel bad for the Pacers after last night. They played their asses off. They were down five at the time, so it wasn't necessarily why decided the game, but the refs sure did kill them at the end of the game. You hate to see an 8 seed play that tough against a 1 seed and then have to play around the refs too.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Tomlinson21RB said:
Amazing game by Melo.

If Rondo got half the calls the Rose got, half the Knicks team would have fouled out.

Maybe; but if Davis had been called for half of his fouls near the end, he'd have fouled out too... Didn't know you could push and shove that much...

In any case, it should get interesting at MSG!!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
poppudaimadochi said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
Amazing game by Melo.

If Rondo got half the calls the Rose got, half the Knicks team would have fouled out.

Maybe; but if Davis had been called for half of his fouls near the end, he'd have fouled out too... Didn't know you could push and shove that much...

In any case, it should get interesting at MSG!!

No team gets all the calls, but it's hard to believe anyone could argue that the Knicks didn't get the benefit of the referees tonight.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Biggest surprise so far in the playoffs, Boston was the only team to sweep in their opening series. San Antonio in some serious trouble down 3-1. Pacers have a great future if they can keep their core together, they could have easily had Chicago in the hole.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Rickzcards said:
Biggest surprise so far in the playoffs, Boston was the only team to sweep in their opening series. San Antonio in some serious trouble down 3-1. Pacers have a great future if they can keep their core together, they could have easily had Chicago in the hole.

All the injuries helped, but the C's looked a lot closer to the team from the beginning of the year than they did the end of the year. This team once again proved that they'll go as far as Rondo can take them. Jermaine O'neal surprised everyone with his level of play. Now with a week of rest and practice, I expect the team to be even better. Hopefully Shaq is back for the Miami series.

The Celtics got me excited with round 1, so I won this last night:

$(KGrHqJ,!h!E1fPckY-9BNio7Mc4bQ~~_12.jpg

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Who here isn't sorry that they didn't lay money on the Grizzlies to win their series? They played well and hopefully it carries over into their series against OKC. Miami/Boston series should be the best second round series with the winner becoming the favorite to win the east. The Bulls should win their series, more than likely in 6 games.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Only got to see about 5 minutes of the Heat/Celtics game but it sure seemed like the refs were putting the screws to the Celts. Oh well, too bad the Celts aren't the ones to have the home court advantage.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I now have a new least favorite player in the NBA. I know he didn't mean to hurt Rondo, but it was an unnecessary cheap shot that seriously injured a player. I really hope the Celtics muscle him up next time he drives.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Rondo is a man's man. How many people would even think about coming back out after dislocating an elbow.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
kdailey4315 said:
Rondo is a man's man. How many people would even think about coming back out after dislocating an elbow.

After seeing the replay so many times after it happened I started to think about him being out the beginning of next season (if there was a season).

Members online

Latest posts