Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kemp hits second walk off home run this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Another two run shot to dead center field. This dude has his hand on straight this year and hits absolute moon shots. As much raw talent as anyone and is showing it off this year. If he was doing this anywhere else besides the West coast he'd be all over Sports Center and his cards would be throw the roof. Ethier and Kemp carrying the Dodgers offensively right now.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Freddy Gonzalez and Bobby Cox one in the same. Although I think Freddy is a worse tactician.

No reason with the Braves lineup compared to the Dodgers that they shouldn't at least split that series.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
I agree, for what he's doing this year he is not being hyped up much at all. His cards are slowly creeping up in price though.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
alabamalongsnake said:
Freddy Gonzalez and Bobby Cox one in the same. Although I think Freddy is a worse tactician.

No reason with the Braves lineup compared to the Dodgers that they shouldn't at least split that series.

Well, the Braves cant score (the only thing keeping them out of the bottom of the NL int terms of runs scored was that crazy 9th inning two days ago), so i dont know how much of that is on their manager. But, his decision not to walk Kemp right there is mind-bogglingly awful. He had an open base with the winning run on 2nd. Walking Kemp doesn't hurt you at all, plus you gain a force out and double play chance, all while getting to pitch to Juan Uribe and the pitcher's spot (Dodgers had no pinch hitters left). Just a dumb move that ending up looking even worse.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Not walking Kemp was beyond idiotic.

Not sure why all the pitchers had been used at that point as well. He pulled a couple of these guys after one batter.

It worked out but he also screwed the pooch by not switching Ross with McCann in the 9th with men on base.

Members online