User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oyster Bay, NY
    Posts
    219
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    [ebay:3i2mkvl0]270737628093[/ebay:3i2mkvl0]

    There may be some money to be made here.

    Collecting Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Munson, Dimaggio, Jeter and Young, Impact Players

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,305
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by sports-vault
    [ebay:2e9f5hue]270737628093[/ebay:2e9f5hue]

    There may be some money to be made here.
    How can you predict the ending price?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,855
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Believe it or not, I dont think this lot is worth $2500... I would say $1500-1800 is a GOOD buy... BG
    Check us out at www.leaftradingcards.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Musial Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Believe it or not, I dont think this lot is worth $2500... I would say $1500-1800 is a GOOD buy... BG
    IMO, this lot is worth right about 2000-2500 if pieced out and sold at the right time, on an auction site like RR Auction, not eBay.

    Because for some reason I cannot see the ebay pictures at work to verify, but I think what could make this a "steal" in the OP's eyes is the fact that Dr Watson's description in the listing states there is a signature along with a "drawing of a double helix". Looking at RR archieved auctions, Watson signatures with "Sketches of a Double Helix" go anywhere from about $1000-2000

    If that is the case, that there is a nice sketch of the double helix, the broken down auction value of this lot goes up to closer to 4000 (see breakdown below).

    All of the below amounts are based on history auction figures on RRAuction.com.
    Yes we all know the market fluctulates, so I tried to give an average low-high estimate for the items listed in the auction and what they have brought thru RR's Auction site.

    Jimmy Carter: 100-125
    Cal and Grace Coolidge: 200-250
    Marc Chagall: 150-175
    Frances Cleveland: 75-100
    M Eisenhower: 75-100
    Gerald Ford: 100-125
    James Garfield: 200-250
    John Glenn: 125-150
    R.B. Hayes: 175-225
    Chaim Herzog: 75-125
    Pres & Mrs Hoover: 125-175
    L.B. Johnson: 100-125
    Ted Kennedy: 150-175
    Henry Lodge: 100-125
    Richard Nixon: 100-125
    Edith Roosevelt: 100-125
    William Taft: 175-225
    Mrs Wilson: 75-100
    Watson (sig only): 125-150
    Watson (sig w/ DH): 1000-2000

    Total without Watson sketch: 2325 - 2950 ($2,637.50 median)
    Total with Watson sketch: 3200 - 4800 ($4,000 median)
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,043
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Believe it or not, I dont think this lot is worth $2500... I would say $1500-1800 is a GOOD buy... BG
    IMO, this lot is worth right about 2000-2500 if pieced out and sold at the right time, on an auction site like RR Auction, not eBay.

    Because for some reason I cannot see the ebay pictures at work to verify, but I think what could make this a "steal" in the OP's eyes is the fact that Dr Watson's description in the listing states there is a signature along with a "drawing of a double helix". Looking at RR archieved auctions, Watson signatures with "Sketches of a Double Helix" go anywhere from about $1000-2000

    If that is the case, that there is a nice sketch of the double helix, the broken down auction value of this lot goes up to closer to 4000 (see breakdown below).

    All of the below amounts are based on history auction figures on RRAuction.com.
    Yes we all know the market fluctulates, so I tried to give an average low-high estimate for the items listed in the auction and what they have brought thru RR's Auction site.

    Jimmy Carter: 100-125
    Cal and Grace Coolidge: 200-250
    Marc Chagall: 150-175
    Frances Cleveland: 75-100
    M Eisenhower: 75-100
    Gerald Ford: 100-125
    James Garfield: 200-250
    John Glenn: 125-150
    R.B. Hayes: 175-225
    Chaim Herzog: 75-125
    Pres & Mrs Hoover: 125-175
    L.B. Johnson: 100-125
    Ted Kennedy: 150-175
    Henry Lodge: 100-125
    Richard Nixon: 100-125
    Edith Roosevelt: 100-125
    William Taft: 175-225
    Mrs Wilson: 75-100
    Watson (sig only): 125-150
    Watson (sig w/ DH): 1000-2000

    Total without Watson sketch: 2325 - 2950 ($2,637.50 median)
    Total with Watson sketch: 3200 - 4800 ($4,000 median)
    There does not appear to be an individual scan/photo of the Watson scan, which is strange is that's where the bulk of the value is.

    Regardless, I'm digging the Chagall signature.
    Hello again.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,840
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Believe it or not, I dont think this lot is worth $2500... I would say $1500-1800 is a GOOD buy... BG
    IMO, this lot is worth right about 2000-2500 if pieced out and sold at the right time, on an auction site like RR Auction, not eBay.

    Because for some reason I cannot see the ebay pictures at work to verify, but I think what could make this a "steal" in the OP's eyes is the fact that Dr Watson's description in the listing states there is a signature along with a "drawing of a double helix". Looking at RR archieved auctions, Watson signatures with "Sketches of a Double Helix" go anywhere from about $1000-2000

    If that is the case, that there is a nice sketch of the double helix, the broken down auction value of this lot goes up to closer to 4000 (see breakdown below).

    All of the below amounts are based on history auction figures on RRAuction.com.
    Yes we all know the market fluctulates, so I tried to give an average low-high estimate for the items listed in the auction and what they have brought thru RR's Auction site.

    Jimmy Carter: 100-125
    Cal and Grace Coolidge: 200-250
    Marc Chagall: 150-175
    Frances Cleveland: 75-100
    M Eisenhower: 75-100
    Gerald Ford: 100-125
    James Garfield: 200-250
    John Glenn: 125-150
    R.B. Hayes: 175-225
    Chaim Herzog: 75-125
    Pres & Mrs Hoover: 125-175
    L.B. Johnson: 100-125
    Ted Kennedy: 150-175
    Henry Lodge: 100-125
    Richard Nixon: 100-125
    Edith Roosevelt: 100-125
    William Taft: 175-225
    Mrs Wilson: 75-100
    Watson (sig only): 125-150
    Watson (sig w/ DH): 1000-2000

    Total without Watson sketch: 2325 - 2950 ($2,637.50 median)
    Total with Watson sketch: 3200 - 4800 ($4,000 median)
    There does not appear to be an individual scan/photo of the Watson scan, which is strange is that's where the bulk of the value is.

    Regardless, I'm digging the Chagall signature.
    Haha i was thinking the same 2 things.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Musial Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Believe it or not, I dont think this lot is worth $2500... I would say $1500-1800 is a GOOD buy... BG
    IMO, this lot is worth right about 2000-2500 if pieced out and sold at the right time, on an auction site like RR Auction, not eBay.

    Because for some reason I cannot see the ebay pictures at work to verify, but I think what could make this a "steal" in the OP's eyes is the fact that Dr Watson's description in the listing states there is a signature along with a "drawing of a double helix". Looking at RR archieved auctions, Watson signatures with "Sketches of a Double Helix" go anywhere from about $1000-2000

    If that is the case, that there is a nice sketch of the double helix, the broken down auction value of this lot goes up to closer to 4000 (see breakdown below).

    All of the below amounts are based on history auction figures on RRAuction.com.
    Yes we all know the market fluctulates, so I tried to give an average low-high estimate for the items listed in the auction and what they have brought thru RR's Auction site.

    Jimmy Carter: 100-125
    Cal and Grace Coolidge: 200-250
    Marc Chagall: 150-175
    Frances Cleveland: 75-100
    M Eisenhower: 75-100
    Gerald Ford: 100-125
    James Garfield: 200-250
    John Glenn: 125-150
    R.B. Hayes: 175-225
    Chaim Herzog: 75-125
    Pres & Mrs Hoover: 125-175
    L.B. Johnson: 100-125
    Ted Kennedy: 150-175
    Henry Lodge: 100-125
    Richard Nixon: 100-125
    Edith Roosevelt: 100-125
    William Taft: 175-225
    Mrs Wilson: 75-100
    Watson (sig only): 125-150
    Watson (sig w/ DH): 1000-2000

    Total without Watson sketch: 2325 - 2950 ($2,637.50 median)
    Total with Watson sketch: 3200 - 4800 ($4,000 median)
    There does not appear to be an individual scan/photo of the Watson scan, which is strange is that's where the bulk of the value is.

    Regardless, I'm digging the Chagall signature.
    Haha i was thinking the same 2 things.
    Guess because of the following, the seller couldnt get the most important picture posted, the other 12 were much much more important to the auction:
    "Pictured here are only 12 photos (Ebay only allows a maximum of 12 photos)."
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,323
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Anyone into Historical Cuts? Check this out...

    The Watson sig really intrigues me as I just finished a book that had an entire chapter devoted to him.

    "A Short History of Nearly Everything"..........awesome read!!!!
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •