Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Beckett, pitching pretty good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
He's got great stuff tonight, maybe you should check Ebay in case his prices go up after this start. ;)

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Well, no hitter broken up on an infield single. If Beckett continues to pitch like he has these last couple starts that contract extension dosen't look to bad.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
soxrchamps07 said:
Well, no hitter broken up on an infield single. If Beckett continues to pitch like he has these last couple starts that contract extension dosen't look to bad.

Won't look too bad? If Beckett continues to pitch like he has lately, he walks away with the Cy Young..

Last 3 starts:

21.0IP 6H 23K 4BB 1ER 0.43ERA 0.47WHIP

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
soxrchamps07 said:

Won't look too bad? If Beckett continues to pitch like he has lately, he walks away with the Cy Young..

Last 3 starts:

Let me re-phrase, if he pitches anywhere near he is now the extension wont look too bad. Bear in mind, that extension was looking pretty awfull this spring/playoffs with allready 1 year completley wasted and Beckett's stuff looked to have disapeared. But, since he looks to have returned to his vintage self the extension looks pretty good.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
soxrchamps07 said:
Jays_Cards said:
soxrchamps07 said:

Last 3 starts:

Let me re-phrase, if he pitches anywhere near he is now the extension wont look too bad. Bear in mind, that extension was looking pretty awfull this spring/playoffs with allready 1 year completley wasted and Beckett's stuff looked to have disapeared. But, since he looks to have returned to his vintage self the extension looks pretty good.

Beckett signed a 4 year extension during the season last year that did not go into effect until this year. He is under contract for 11, 12, 13, and 14 @ 15.75M per.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
soxrchamps07 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":23rcfzu8]
soxrchamps07 said:

Last 3 starts:

Beckett signed a 4 year extension during the season last year that did not go into effect until this year. He is under contract for 11, 12, 13, and 14 @ 15.75M per.[/quote:23rcfzu8]

As bad as he was last year and how his stuff had basically disapeared was very frightening for someone who just signed a 66 Million dollar extension. He looked awful this year too until his second start where he started pitching again like vintage Beckett.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Not to change the subject, but who do you guys like this year for the Cy Young? It's way too early to be talking about his based on stats, but who do you think has what it takes to win it this year?

Jered Weaver has really surprised me so far this year. Do you guys think he can maintain such a high level of performance the whole season?

I personally thought this might have been Verlander's year, especially when he got off to a fast start (notorious for slow Aprils). He has been good, but doesn't stand a chance if Weaver and even Beckett keep pitching like they have been so far. It should be a fun race to follow this year.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Not to change the subject, but who do you guys like this year for the Cy Young? It's way too early to be talking about his based on stats, but who do you think has what it takes to win it this year?

Jered Weaver has really surprised me so far this year. Do you guys think he can maintain such a high level of performance the whole season?

I personally thought this might have been Verlander's year, especially when he got off to a fast start (notorious for slow Aprils). He has been good, but doesn't stand a chance if Weaver and even Beckett keep pitching like they have been so far. It should be a fun race to follow this year.

So far it's Weaver with Beckett not far behind.

That said, it's Weaver's to lose. 5-0 by April 20th is just sick. I don't think he keeps the pace, but still.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
rehmus said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

So far it's Weaver with Beckett not far behind.

That said, it's Weaver's to lose. 5-0 by April 20th is just sick. I don't think he keeps the pace, but still.

It seems like each of the last few years there has been one guy in particular who jumps out to an amazing start. Two years ago it was Greinke, last year it was Ubaldo, this year Weaver is looking to follow trend. And in the National league, Josh Johnson has a 1.00 ERA right now too.

Members online