Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major Auction House Steals tonight!!! VINTAGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sports-vault

Apr 6, 2011
Oyster Bay, NY
Heritage Auctions had their major Sports Auction tonight and Im proud to say:

That I won a 1936 World Wide Gum Joe DiMaggio RC SGC 60= PSA 5 for 6500 total. A PSA 5 ended for 11,600 in September!

In addition, I won a 1922 Caramel E120 Babe Ruth PSA 3 for $2000 total and a PSA 2 went for 4200 recently!

Needless to say, Im pumped!!! :D :D :D

G

I hate that they continue to refer to that issue as DiMaggio's 'rc'.

It's always tricky with pre-war, but the general consenus is that the Zeenut is the rookie.

Item_18830_1.jpg

First issued in 1934. Tough piece.

wow congrats! thats quite a difference in your 36 price tonight and the september price. what do you think the difference was? the auction house? lack of the ebay buyer base? economy? i only ask because of the importance of that card you would figure to have the same bidders the other did and maybe more intelligent and fiscally powerful buyers at a legitimate hammer dropping auction. congrats again on the big wins!!!

sports-vault

Apr 6, 2011
Oyster Bay, NY
Chris Levy said:
I hate that they continue to refer to that issue as DiMaggio's 'rc'.

It's always tricky with pre-war, but the general consenus is that the Zeenut is the rookie.
I hear ya, but some consider the Zeenut as a Minor League card. I like the 1936 World Wide Gum because he's wearing a Yankee cap and in a Yankee uniform!
Item_18830_1.jpg

First issued in 1934. Tough piece.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Glad to see someone who likes it old school, I've made the shift to the players playing today. I'm a sucker for an autographed card, but Im very happy to see people still dishing out solid money for the original baseball cards. Pre-mass production.

sports-vault

Apr 6, 2011
Oyster Bay, NY
notjomommasclint said:
wow congrats! thats quite a difference in your 36 price tonight and the september price. what do you think the difference was? the auction house? lack of the ebay buyer base? economy? i only ask because of the importance of that card you would figure to have the same bidders the other did and maybe more intelligent and fiscally powerful buyers at a legitimate hammer dropping auction. congrats again on the big wins!!!

Its crazy because it was one of their featured pieces and they had the Estimate at $10,000+ and usually those estimates are conservative. Well, maybe the fact that this is a religious week for many and schools are off and people are on vacation with their kids possibly. I also think that with the exception of Robert Edwards Auctions, you can find absolute steals in these other auction houses maybe because they dont have a huge buyer base!

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Nice... Ill be at the Live sale in Dallas Tommorrow picking up a good chunk of goodies.... BG

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
The 1936 V355 DiMaggio is an impressive card, 50-100 times scarcer than a common Goudey Ruth of the same Era.

Nice Pick up. :)

I too say the Zeenut is his rookie, batting or throwing, but others say the V355 is too because its the first as a Yankee and not a PCL Seal. Its the same with the Balt News Ruth and the M101-4/5 Ruth. pick what you want. I always say the oldest card as a Pro is his rookie.

PS.

here is the "throwing" DiMaggio, picked it up on eBay a few years back for $1200.

zeenutjoed.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
sports-vault said:
MOFNY said:
That is a couple amazing pickups. Scans soon we all hope.
lf.jpg

This is my major steal! A PSA 1 PR-FR sold for 9400 recently and a PSA 5 for 11,611.35. I stole this for 6500! This is my last purchase for awhile!
:::drool:::

Members online

Latest posts