User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    What are your opinions on Manny Machado and Julio Teheran base chrome autos?

    I think both are a little pricey but have magnificent potential and could explode by September.

    My dilemna is, is it worth paying a little more on them with the potential they have? Or are their prices too high to buy into, reguardless of their potential. Opinions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ThoseBackPages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,986
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    only buy 9.5s for sure
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    11,531
     boilboil1980
     ripkingsrippin
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Nick, I am confused. You second sentence asks the same thing twice? What exactly are you asking?

    Want to try out Ripkings? Want a COUPON CODE? Pm me!

    Check out our upcoming breaks at http://ripkings.com/?page_id=120

    Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/RIPKINGSRippin

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballerskrip
    Nick, I am confused. You second sentence asks the same thing twice? What exactly are you asking?
    Oops, edited.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    They both have the potential to be among the best players in the game.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by mwashuc06
    They both have the potential to be among the best players in the game.
    These were the answers I was expecting..

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,695
     filkinz
     KyleRFilkins
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Instead of asking in a second thread I will here, is now a bad time to buy Mike Trout or has that ship sailed?

    OP: Sorry to hijack your thread.
    Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane; I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2, if you or your children would like to volunteer please visit MDA's website.
    I collect pretty much any Seattle Mariner, Seattle Seahawk or Chicago Blackhawk.


  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett
    Instead of asking in a second thread I will here, is now a bad time to buy Mike Trout or has that ship sailed?

    OP: Sorry to hijack your thread.
    The ship has sailed about a year ago

  9. #9
    Administrator sheetskout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,385
     brewtowncardboard
     jordo2323
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Not many of us would have the thousands of dollars to it would take to make a significant run at Machado. Some players just never have a suitable buy-in point.

    If the plan is to buy one or two Machado base chrome autos and hope they reach $200.00 a pop you'll be disappointed more often than not. There are better investments out there.
    ----------SIGNATURE STARTS HERE-----------

    FOLLOW SHEETSKOUT ON TWiTTER!

    PHOTOBUCKET PROSPECTS

  10. #10
    Senior Member Russ S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    VA / DC / MD
    Posts
    13,379
     megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?





    "You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheetskout
    Not many of us would have the thousands of dollars to it would take to make a significant run at Machado. Some players just never have a suitable buy-in point.

    If the plan is to buy one or two Machado base chrome autos and hope they reach $200.00 a pop you'll be disappointed more often than not. There are better investments out there.
    I agree, I think there are much, much better investments out there.

    To be honest, I would use this time doing a bit of "scouting" for the 2011 Bowman auto checklist(though scouting the TBD's is tough ). I would look over the guys who will have a 2011 Bowman auto, and figure out who you want to buy. Or, check out other guys who have chrome autos out already, and figure out who is undervalued.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Machado was compared to Rodriguez so he'll get every shot in the world to succeed. I think he's a safe buy.

  13. #13
    Administrator sheetskout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,385
     brewtowncardboard
     jordo2323
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrinne
    Machado was compared to Rodriguez so he'll get every shot in the world to succeed. I think he's a safe buy.
    You don't think Ben McDonald, Matt Bush, Brien Taylor, Brandon Wood, and Todd Van Poppell were compared to someone great? All first-round talents get a chance to succeed......

    It's not the talent. It's the buy-in vs. the risk.
    ----------SIGNATURE STARTS HERE-----------

    FOLLOW SHEETSKOUT ON TWiTTER!

    PHOTOBUCKET PROSPECTS

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,890
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sheetskout
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinne
    Machado was compared to Rodriguez so he'll get every shot in the world to succeed. I think he's a safe buy.
    You don't think Ben McDonald, Matt Bush, Brien Taylor, Brandon Wood, and Todd Van Poppell were compared to someone great? All first-round talents get a chance to succeed......

    It's not the talent. It's the buy-in vs. the risk.
    I don't remember Wood or Bush ever being compared to anyone great before the draft. As for all the pitchers you named that would require a lot of digging to find information on. I agree its the buy in vs the risk but I personally think he's a safe buy

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Your opinion on Machado and Teheran Chrome autos?

    Alex Gordon was compared to George Brett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •