Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I got a bunch of crap and don't know how to organize it all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I enjoy reading all of the endless threads on prospecting and it gives me incentive to dig through my boxes to see if I have any of "that guy". I have been doing a little bit of that lately and have found some really interesting stuff. However, in doing so, I realize that my stuff is more disorganized than it has ever been. How do you guys keep up?

I've found the Sands cards, the Olts, and some of the other guys making noise.....but I really don't know how to keep up with all of it. How do you guys do it?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
blanning71 said:
I enjoy reading all of the endless threads on prospecting and it gives me incentive to dig through my boxes to see if I have any of "that guy". I have been doing a little bit of that lately and have found some really interesting stuff. However, in doing so, I realize that my stuff is more disorganized than it has ever been. How do you guys keep up?

I've found the Sands cards, the Olts, and some of the other guys making noise.....but I really don't know how to keep up with all of it. How do you guys do it?

Not sure if you do or not BLan....but I don't rip many boxes and no cases.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
blanning71 said:

I put all of my Bowman Chrome prospects in a 5 row box in order by year (not by # i am not that organized) but i feel the same way when i found Castro chromes a Tulo chrome and a bunch of other stuff like that.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have tried excel before. My stuff just changes so quickly. I mean, I didn't even know I had some of the stuff. Found a redemption for a Kobe auto that I forgot I had. That my friends, IS RIDICULOUS! I normally have my stuff in the two row boxes and just stash em.

And I try not to open any wax but when I get trade credit, its hard not to stop and pop a box or three.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
It has taken many hours but i have all my cards by teams and alphabethal order . When i get a 800 count full i alpha it get three = 3200 count . I have 300,000 cards ::facepalm:
: want to unload it send it my way :lol: :lol:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Krom said:
blanning71 said:

I put all of my Bowman Chrome prospects in a 5 row box in order by year (not by # i am not that organized) but i feel the same way when i found Castro chromes a Tulo chrome and a bunch of other stuff like that.

+1

I do the same. All Chrome Prospects and Rookies that currently aren't big names go into 5 row boxes . Every once in a while on a rainy day I go through them to see if there is anything hidden in there. I can't think of any other way to know exactly what you have unless you sort the boxes by team, and get overly organized with it.

It is actually a lot of fun going through and finding guys who have blown up since the last time you looked through it. Last year I went through my boxes and found some Car Go chromes. Almost as fun as busting the original case box or blaster.

Members online

Latest posts