User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Roberto Clemente could field the ball in New York and throw out a guy in Pennsylvania." - Broadcaster Vin Scully

[youtube:f1gr10y2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X4vZzxRKTY[/youtube:f1gr10y2]

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_Clemente_21
    Good question but he did start with the Giants last year and ended up with Texas in the World Series so this could be why....no?
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For the same reason as Max Scherzer, Sal Bando, Chone Figgins, et al

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topps high end products will remain a joke until either a) these players are permanently removed from the checklists, or b) the price comes down by about 50%

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chashawk
    Well Sal Bando is in there every year and will be until 2020
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they didn't want his stickers wasting precious space in the filing cabinets at Topps HQ.
    It's All About Collecting The U : 448 different Miami Hurricanes totaling 5,500+ cards

collection @ www.CardMagnet.info | tradelist @ www.TheCardAlbum.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sal Bando belongs in tribute not sure why you have him listed there with Scherzer and Figgins

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pogu
    Sal Bando belongs in tribute not sure why you have him listed there with Scherzer and Figgins
    And Scherzer is 3-0. This will be his breakout season.

You better recognize!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P_Manning 18

You better recognize!
    Scherzer is a very talented pitcher but I don't think that means his $3 autograph belongs in a $325+ product. Same goes for the other guys...it's no disrespect to them as players, it's simply that that's basically topps purposely kicking their supporters in the nuts by sticking them with literally a 1% ROI on these particular cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why Topps Tribute is an absolute horrible value. If I'm going to spend $300+ on a box of cards, I'm going to buy a box of Bowman Sterling. IMO, Sterling has much better ROI than tribute. I've bought three packs of Tribute and the best card was a John Smoltz Jersey Auto. Three packs was enough for me.
    My name is Bryan. You can reach me at Boylen33@aol.com or on AIM at Boylen33.

Follow me on Twitter @BryanBoylen

brewtowncardboard
     jordo2323
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ALL_THE_HYPE]
    Quote Originally Posted by "P_Manning 18":d9syv466

You better recognize!
    Scherzer is a very talented pitcher but I don't think that means his $3 autograph belongs in a $325+ product. Same goes for the other guys...it's no disrespect to them as players, it's simply that that's basically topps purposely kicking their supporters in the nuts by sticking them with literally a 1% ROI on these particular cards.[/quote:d9syv466]

They are filler. The product would be 525+ if it contained nothing but marquee players and they still produced the same amount.

You guys think these stars or their estates do this stuff for free? (Not pointed at you All_The_Hype)
    ----------SIGNATURE STARTS HERE-----------

FOLLOW SHEETSKOUT ON TWiTTER!

PHOTOBUCKET PROSPECTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=sheetskout]
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL_THE_HYPE
    Quote Originally Posted by "P_Manning 18":24zis3j2

You better recognize!
    Scherzer is a very talented pitcher but I don't think that means his $3 autograph belongs in a $325+ product. Same goes for the other guys...it's no disrespect to them as players, it's simply that that's basically topps purposely kicking their supporters in the nuts by sticking them with literally a 1% ROI on these particular cards.
    They are filler. The product would be 525+ if it contained nothing but marquee players and they still produced the same amount.

You guys think these stars or their estates do this stuff for free? (Not pointed at you All_The_Hype)[/quote:24zis3j2]

It kind of goes to show how sheepish most collectors are. In my opinion, this product usually sucks(though this year it's better)-but, people still continue to buy it.

Until Topps actually pays for the crap they are producing(by people not buying the product), they aren't going to change a thing. The cheaper the autographs they can put in, the more money the lower their costs end up being.

I'm not saying everyone agrees with me, but I will probably never buy a box of Topps Tribute. The value, on average, just seems to be crap. I don't like spending $200+ on a box, and coming home with $100 worth of cards And that is probably why I stick to buying singles on the bay

Senior Member uniquebaseballcards's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hail2thevictors
    It kind of goes to show how sheepish most collectors are. In my opinion, this product usually sucks(though this year it's better)-but, people still continue to buy it.

Until Topps actually pays for the crap they are producing(by people not buying the product), they aren't going to change a thing. The cheaper the autographs they can put in, the more money the lower their costs end up being.

I'm not saying everyone agrees with me, but I will probably never buy a box of Topps Tribute. The value, on average, just seems to be crap. I don't like spending $200+ on a box, and coming home with $100 worth of cards And that is probably why I stick to buying singles on the bay
    Do collectors typically *bust* this product or is it only for gamblers/investors? I just assume 99.9% of this kind of product immediately ends up on ebay anyway.

"Topps does not, in any manner, make any representations as to whether its cards will attain any future value."

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote=hail2thevictors]
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetskout
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL_THE_HYPE
    Quote Originally Posted by "P_Manning 18":4gptln31

You better recognize!

You guys think these stars or their estates do this stuff for free? (Not pointed at you All_The_Hype)

I'm not saying everyone agrees with me, but I will probably never buy a box of Topps Tribute. The value, on average, just seems to be crap. I don't like spending $200+ on a box, and coming home with $100 worth of cards And that is probably why I stick to buying singles on the bay [/quote:4gptln31]
    that would be a good return...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast