Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Might be a good deal for a vintage collector... 52 Mantle +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Yeah, me too. But I can't tell from the scan, and the other cards aren't usually faked. I found it looking for Zimmers, and that and the others look real. Just a weird auction.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
im not a vintage collector but i say go for it! Huge steal if mantles real and if all the others are real then the mantle has a better chance of being real because he makes it seem like he traded and got all those cards from 1 trade

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm not bidding on it. I was thinking someone who knows 52's better than me might be able to tell one way or the other. All the other cards look good to me. But yeah, if it's too good too be true, it probably is. But I could definitely be wrong here.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Is the centering on most Mantle's usually that good? It looks close to perfect.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
The seller knew the Mantle alone would bring 2-3k in a psa 1 holder. Its creasing is too patterened that makes it look like the soiled vintage reprints that are sold as distressed reprints or forged vintage. No way thats real.

sports-vault

Apr 6, 2011
Oyster Bay, NY
Shady....He or she knew about or mentions "grading"(yet doesnt grade the mantle) plus the mantle was already listed a few times which means to me that its a reprint.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hell that is Spiderman #1, if it was legit that would be a steal. But just can't see it being legit.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
Chico Ca ..... is about 2 hours from Sacramento ca ...

This listing / auction has been on every Craigslist town board from here to there over the last 6 months.

I would say it is BOGUS.

I have inquired via email for closer scans and a neutral place to see the cards - no good.

Members online

Latest posts