Thread: Milb Performances - 4/24

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Red face Milb Performances - 4/24

Lots of days off - no Eastern, California, Midwest or South Atlantic League games today.

Today's notables include:

Alex Cobb
    Chad Jenkins
    Vance Worley vs. Jenrry Mejia
    Andrew Brackman
    Rubby de la Rosa
    Homer Bailey vs. Andy Oliver
    Matt Moore vs. Brett Oberholtzer
    Neil Ramirez
    Casey Kelly
    Corey Kluber
    J.P.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Milb Performances - 4/24

Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

Then again, I still have another Orange and some lower end chrome stuff, so I guess I'll cheer for him again today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ALL_THE_HYPE
    Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

Then again, I still have another Orange and some lower end chrome stuff, so I guess I'll cheer for him again today.
    Although I am biased, I believe you left a good bit of money on the table with that sale. There are no indications that these first 3 starts are flukes, in fact everything that I've read about how he's looked from first hand accounts this year is that he is the real deal.

My biggest fear is leaving tons of money on the table after my Domonic Brown experience. I bought 20 Elites for 10 each at realease and sold for 30 each later on which was great at the time because I trippled my money. I left $1,000 plus on the table which I still kick my self for, but at the time I needed the money for a downpayment on my first car so the fact that I had to do it lessens the pain a bit.
    "There is no such thing as true evil, just ignorance and stupidity."

-Aung San Suh Kyi

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guesing the sale of $150 was yours?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1190

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ALL_THE_HYPE]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ALL_THE_HYPE":u6f8pvlw

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.[/quote:u6f8pvlw]

It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.

-Aung San Suh Kyi

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=soxrchamps07]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ALL_THE_HYPE":1463shol

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.
    It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.[/quote:1463shol]

Yeah I never really gave up on him, he's still what 21 or 22 years old? Just saying his cards had dropped since I bought and hadn't moved in two years so I would have been ecstatic with 50 a couple months back. I hadn't followed him through ST so I was unaware of the changes. He's been fun to follow so far this Minor League season and I'm sure he won't disappoint today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=ALL_THE_HYPE][quote=soxrchamps07]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ALL_THE_HYPE":4fp6zesl
    Quote Originally Posted by "ALL_THE_HYPE":4fp6zesl

It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.[/quote:4fp6zesl]

Yeah I never really gave up on him, he's still what 21 or 22 years old? Just saying his cards had dropped since I bought and hadn't moved in two years so I would have been ecstatic with 50 a couple months back. I hadn't followed him through ST so I was unaware of the changes. He's been fun to follow so far this Minor League season and I'm sure he won't disappoint today.[/quote:4fp6zesl]

To be honest, I had just about given up on him before midseason last year as well, so I can see why you would take the profit and run. What's ironic is that he's now 21 years old in Triple AAA (been confirmed he is staying in Triple AAA indefinetly) and 2-3 years younger than most of the competition around him.

-Aung San Suh Kyi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey now! Some of us may happen to have something Golden of his ending tonight and definitely don't want to see 25 earned runs!
    I've been back and forth all week as to whether I should have waited a bit longer or not.
    Nice sell on the Red by the way.
    David
    The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" never ceases two amaze me.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Olt 1-1, 2B, RBI

Reddick HR (4)
    J.P.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weiland pitching for Pawtucket. 3 IP, 2 K, 0 R. I think that he is headed for the Boston bullpen in September, if not before inevitably when Wheeler/Okajima/Wakefield go on the DL.

More interesting news when you actually read into some things in Pawtucket today. Yamaico Navarro is starting.... in left field.

Navarro got a brief stint last year in Boston, and after a great spring training with the big club, he is currently hitting .318 in AAA. His start in LF today screams oddity, as he has played every game since 2006, at either shortstop, or third, with an occasional appearance at 2B. The sox clearly thought high enough of him in 2010 to get him up in September.

With the combination of Kalish to the DL, the breakout of Lowrie, and the Sox hitting under .100 at the catcher position, I'd imagine Navarro is either being shopped, or being introduced to the super utility position if Scutaro or Lowrie get dealt.

Mredsox89
     @MikeWeismanUM
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy350
    Weiland pitching for Pawtucket. 3 IP, 2 K, 0 R. I think that he is headed for the Boston bullpen in September, if not before inevitably when Wheeler/Okajima/Wakefield go on the DL.

More interesting news when you actually read into some things in Pawtucket today. Yamaico Navarro is starting.... in left field.

Navarro got a brief stint last year in Boston, and after a great spring training with the big club, he is currently hitting .318 in AAA. His start in LF today screams oddity, as he has played every game since 2006, at either shortstop, or third, with an occasional appearance at 2B. The sox clearly thought high enough of him in 2010 to get him up in September.

With the combination of Kalish to the DL, the breakout of Lowrie, and the Sox hitting under .100 at the catcher position, I'd imagine Navarro is either being shopped, or being introduced to the super utility position if Scutaro or Lowrie get dealt.

I have to imagine a trade is in the works for a catcher. The Sox have plenty of pieces that don't get much time. You have Scutaro/Lowrie, McDonald, Cameron, Navarro, and numerous pitching prospects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let go Cobb !!

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XdanX
    let go Cobb !!
    Unfortunately he's struggling today.

5 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 4 K so far.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Ramirez: 2.0 IP 1H 1ER 1K 1BB

Doesn't look as sharp tonight, getting behind hitters in a lot of the counts, but he's not doing bad.

-Aung San Suh Kyi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast