Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 4/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Lots of days off - no Eastern, California, Midwest or South Atlantic League games today.

Today's notables include:

Alex Cobb
Chad Jenkins
Vance Worley vs. Jenrry Mejia
Andrew Brackman
Rubby de la Rosa
Homer Bailey vs. Andy Oliver
Matt Moore vs. Brett Oberholtzer
Neil Ramirez
Casey Kelly
Corey Kluber

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

Then again, I still have another Orange and some lower end chrome stuff, so I guess I'll cheer for him again today.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

Then again, I still have another Orange and some lower end chrome stuff, so I guess I'll cheer for him again today.

Although I am biased, I believe you left a good bit of money on the table with that sale. There are no indications that these first 3 starts are flukes, in fact everything that I've read about how he's looked from first hand accounts this year is that he is the real deal.

My biggest fear is leaving tons of money on the table after my Domonic Brown experience. I bought 20 Elites for 10 each at realease and sold for 30 each later on which was great at the time because I trippled my money. I left $1,000 plus on the table which I still kick my self for, but at the time I needed the money for a downpayment on my first car so the fact that I had to do it lessens the pain a bit.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I'm guesing the sale of $150 was yours?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nick1190 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Nick1190 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":u6f8pvlw]Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.[/quote:u6f8pvlw]

It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
soxrchamps07 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Nick1190 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1463shol]Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

It was. I considered holding out for more with the way he's been pitching, but then I reconsidered based on the fact that a couple months ago I would have felt lucky to receive an offer of even $50 on it. Still plenty of room for growth.

It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.[/quote:1463shol]

Yeah I never really gave up on him, he's still what 21 or 22 years old? Just saying his cards had dropped since I bought and hadn't moved in two years so I would have been ecstatic with 50 a couple months back. I hadn't followed him through ST so I was unaware of the changes. He's been fun to follow so far this Minor League season and I'm sure he won't disappoint today.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
soxrchamps07 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":4fp6zesl]
Nick1190 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":4fp6zesl]Having recently sold my Red Ref of Neil Ramirez, I hope he gives up 25 Earned Runs today so I can feel better about the sale and not leaving money on the table.

It's not like his sudden success just randomly happened, the Rangers changed his arm action during the offseason which gave him a velocity bump up to 97 and let him repeat his delivery easier. As I've posted before, he was the talk of Spring Training in Rangers camp with some scouts going as far to say that he was one of if not the most impressive player. His success just backs that statement up.[/quote:4fp6zesl]

Yeah I never really gave up on him, he's still what 21 or 22 years old? Just saying his cards had dropped since I bought and hadn't moved in two years so I would have been ecstatic with 50 a couple months back. I hadn't followed him through ST so I was unaware of the changes. He's been fun to follow so far this Minor League season and I'm sure he won't disappoint today.[/quote:4fp6zesl]

To be honest, I had just about given up on him before midseason last year as well, so I can see why you would take the profit and run. What's ironic is that he's now 21 years old in Triple AAA (been confirmed he is staying in Triple AAA indefinetly) and 2-3 years younger than most of the competition around him.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Hey now! Some of us may happen to have something Golden of his ending tonight and definitely don't want to see 25 earned runs!
I've been back and forth all week as to whether I should have waited a bit longer or not.
Nice sell on the Red by the way.
David

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Weiland pitching for Pawtucket. 3 IP, 2 K, 0 R. I think that he is headed for the Boston bullpen in September, if not before inevitably when Wheeler/Okajima/Wakefield go on the DL.

More interesting news when you actually read into some things in Pawtucket today. Yamaico Navarro is starting.... in left field.

Navarro got a brief stint last year in Boston, and after a great spring training with the big club, he is currently hitting .318 in AAA. His start in LF today screams oddity, as he has played every game since 2006, at either shortstop, or third, with an occasional appearance at 2B. The sox clearly thought high enough of him in 2010 to get him up in September.

With the combination of Kalish to the DL, the breakout of Lowrie, and the Sox hitting under .100 at the catcher position, I'd imagine Navarro is either being shopped, or being introduced to the super utility position if Scutaro or Lowrie get dealt.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
baseballguy350 said:
Weiland pitching for Pawtucket. 3 IP, 2 K, 0 R. I think that he is headed for the Boston bullpen in September, if not before inevitably when Wheeler/Okajima/Wakefield go on the DL.

More interesting news when you actually read into some things in Pawtucket today. Yamaico Navarro is starting.... in left field.

Navarro got a brief stint last year in Boston, and after a great spring training with the big club, he is currently hitting .318 in AAA. His start in LF today screams oddity, as he has played every game since 2006, at either shortstop, or third, with an occasional appearance at 2B. The sox clearly thought high enough of him in 2010 to get him up in September.

With the combination of Kalish to the DL, the breakout of Lowrie, and the Sox hitting under .100 at the catcher position, I'd imagine Navarro is either being shopped, or being introduced to the super utility position if Scutaro or Lowrie get dealt.

I have to imagine a trade is in the works for a catcher. The Sox have plenty of pieces that don't get much time. You have Scutaro/Lowrie, McDonald, Cameron, Navarro, and numerous pitching prospects

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Neil Ramirez: 2.0 IP 1H 1ER 1K 1BB

Doesn't look as sharp tonight, getting behind hitters in a lot of the counts, but he's not doing bad.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jennings 2-4, 2B

Cobb's fnal line - 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 4 K

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Which Red was yours as I offered on the Sterling $120ish and got declined to see it sell for around $148 with Cavaliercards last night? If I had known you were them I would have gone straight through you on the board

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rubby de la Rosa is looking dominant so far - 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K.

Members online