Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These are not the auctions you're looking for. Move along.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC
Re: Theguru1472 a member here? Serious shill bidding...

LOL!!!

PeteD said:
George_Calfas said:
[quote="A_Pharis":38n6dxdr]Then I sorted the auctions he's bid on by seller name and even did a page search for Theguru1472. If you see something I don't, GC, post a link to the auction.

Jeff did the work above; all end today (I think), here is a current auction [ebay:38n6dxdr]160573366240 [/ebay:38n6dxdr]

Me thinks Jeff has too much time on his hands at "work" :p

heh[/quote:38n6dxdr]

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC
Re: Theguru1472 a member here? Serious shill bidding...

Hey, I am not mad at you. You did what you thought was right. I am glad that there are people like you. It makes potential bidders aware of something that might be fishy.

Jeff N. said:
PeteD said:
[quote="George_Calfas":391y4m7a][quote="A_Pharis":391y4m7a]Then I sorted the auctions he's bid on by seller name and even did a page search for Theguru1472. If you see something I don't, GC, post a link to the auction.

Jeff did the work above; all end today (I think), here is a current auction [ebay:391y4m7a]160573366240 [/ebay:391y4m7a]

Me thinks Jeff has too much time on his hands at "work" :p

heh[/quote:391y4m7a]

You kidding me? I billed an hour and a half for that!

Also... it was a weekend. :)[/quote:391y4m7a]

theguru14

Aug 10, 2008
NYC
I didnt even notice the title changed. Does anybody know why?

abeabe said:
Why was the title to thread changed? It seems theguru is a stand up guy and wasnt shilling, and since the auctions ended it dosen't matter. Just seems like a random title change.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly it does suck because I think I could have made more if this person didnt bid the way he/she did. I am sure this thread scared off many potential bidders. The member won 20 of my auctions and has asked for an invoice which I sent. I hope I get the money. 14 of the auctions the member won were for $.99.

When I bid on an auction I do not change my bid because a low feedback bidder is involved in the bidding process. I bid what I feel comfortable paying for the card, as I'm sure many others do. I do not think you were hurt at all by that person bidding on your auctions.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Re: Theguru1472 a member here? Strange bidding...

Chris Levy said:
Something to point out is what I call the Big Crumbs effect. I'm now bidding on a huge number of auctions, some that I have no intention of winning, just to get in that initial bid through Big Crumbs "just in case" I try and snipe later. With the new eBay pinned to my Windows 7 taskbar, in some cases I am now placing a small bid from there as well.

I think all of these cashback programs with people placing little, random bids has changed the bidding patterns a lot. Something to consider.
What, I thought you said you were better than the people that use Big Crumbs in attempts to make "nickels" and it was beneath you ::facepalm::

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
theguru14 said:
I didnt even notice the title changed. Does anybody know why?

abeabe said:
Why was the title to thread changed? It seems theguru is a stand up guy and wasnt shilling, and since the auctions ended it dosen't matter. Just seems like a random title change.

Trying to let the thread die.

Star Wars style.

A_Pharis

Rickzcards said:
Chris Levy said:
Something to point out is what I call the Big Crumbs effect. I'm now bidding on a huge number of auctions, some that I have no intention of winning, just to get in that initial bid through Big Crumbs "just in case" I try and snipe later. With the new eBay pinned to my Windows 7 taskbar, in some cases I am now placing a small bid from there as well.

I think all of these cashback programs with people placing little, random bids has changed the bidding patterns a lot. Something to consider.
What, I thought you said you were better than the people that use Big Crumbs in attempts to make "nickels" and it was beneath you ::facepalm::

I was just about to point this out. Too bad his account is now gone. I find it extremely funny that he called out people as peons for using programs like Big Crumbs -- yet he makes a point of putting in pointless initial bids "just in case".

This guy is seriously off in his head. I said in in General, and I'll say it here. I would watch out for him at the National. Guys seems like a dangerous sociopath.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

A_Pharis said:
I was just about to point this out. Too bad his account is now gone. I find it extremely funny that he called out people as peons for using programs like Big Crumbs -- yet he makes a point of putting in pointless initial bids "just in case".

This guy is seriously off in his head. I said in in General, and I'll say it here. I would watch out for him at the National. Guys seems like a dangerous sociopath.

+1 Do we know why he has got the boot? Not that we didn't see this one coming sooner or later.

A_Pharis

nyc3 said:
A_Pharis said:

+1 Do we know why he has got the boot? Not that we didn't see this one coming sooner or later.

Umm.. go read the Obama thread in General chat. It all ended in him "goin out miguelcabrera style" by posting pictures of him and a ****** in bed.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

A_Pharis said:
nyc3 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":31r8mxr8]

Umm.. go read the Obama thread in General chat. It all ended in him "goin out miguelcabrera style" by posting pictures of him and a ****** in bed.[/quote:31r8mxr8]

Never getting that image out of my head.

A_Pharis

beefycheddar said:
A_Pharis said:
nyc3 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":ihy6ragt]

Umm.. go read the Obama thread in General chat. It all ended in him "goin out miguelcabrera style" by posting pictures of him and a ****** in bed.

Never getting that image out of my head.[/quote:ihy6ragt]

I actually read what he said before really paying attention to the picture. When I first saw it, my first reaction was like "SCROLL BACK UP!" By the time I stopped laughing and hit refresh, they were gone. I think I dodged getting scarred.