Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy COW $tarlin Ca$tro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Saw a topps chrome auto for $25 at a shop on Friday but didn't pick it up, it looked like the auto was smudged. Might have still been a decent deal I guess.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sports-vault said:
burke23 said:
Nice player - but I wouldn't come close to those prices.

I respectfully disagree! Starlin is on his way to stardom! He's more than a nice player.

I agree 100%. He JUST turned 21 and is leading the league in hits. He batted .300 as the youngest player in all of baseball. There is more to come, no doubt about it.

skrip

sportsfanatic92

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
sports-vault said:
burke23 said:

I respectfully disagree! Starlin is on his way to stardom! He's more than a nice player.

I agree 100%. He JUST turned 21 and is leading the league in hits. He batted .300 as the youngest player in all of baseball. There is more to come, no doubt about it.

skrip
I have to say Ive been a silent observer as ballerskrip amassed quite a collection of Starlin Castro.... I personally never thought he had the potential to be as good as he is now, which is why I was never a buyer on Castro's stuff regrettably. However with what Castro has shown so far I definitely could see him making strides to stardom.
Not that your asking for acknowledgment but i'd like to say "nice call" on Castro he was one not many were targeting, but it paid off.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sportsfanatic92 said:
ballerskrip said:
sports-vault said:
burke23 said:

skrip
I have to say Ive been a silent observer as ballerskrip amassed quite a collection of Starlin Castro.... I personally never thought he had the potential to be as good as he is now, which is why I was never a buyer on Castro's stuff regrettably. However with what Castro has shown so far I definitely could see him making strides to stardom.
Not that your asking for acknowledgment but i'd like to say "nice call" on Castro he was one not many were targeting, but it paid off.

Thanks for your thoughts. My regret is not buying into the "other stuff" such as threads, tribute, etc. They have seen some really nice gains as well. My true problem is that I am huge cubs fan and will find it very hard to part with any of my "stash". I sold a chrome auto 9.5 and a threads to his jersey that I bought to flip. I know everyone says this that is invested in a particular, but even at inflated prices, I think his cards are going to continue to rise> Hopefully I am right....

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
sports-vault said:
burke23 said:

If you are in a position to make a nice profit, I'd take it. He's young and off to a hot start, but you can name a handful of other guys who were "hot" like this once and didn't hold.

-jkeys

Members online