Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post what you miss most

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
It's always fun to see the great stuff that people have traded or sold away.
I miss these most:

stantonlot.jpg

This was short lived but nice also
IchiroGold.jpg

Post em up guys

Zach

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Posey 08 draft blue refractor auto--sold for $150 when I pulled it in 08 as I got destroyed on the case otherwise and needed to recoup something at the time. Around a $300 card right now, assuming it was much more than that during the WS run.

Other things I sold way to soon and still wish I had

Ellsbury 05 xfractor auto
Oscar Tejeda stuff

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As can be seen, some of these hearken back to pre-scanner days (loads more in the bucket, and even more that I no longer have scans of.)

ScannedImage-27-1.jpg
Biggest card I ever owned:
ScannedImage-20.jpg
ScannedImage-2.jpg
scan0047.jpg
scan0059.jpg
scan0003.jpg
scan0031.jpg
DSCN1677.jpg
got one incoming after missing this one for a long time:
DSCN1877.jpg
DSCN1081.jpg
DSCN1493.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Krom said:
timryan111 said:
If I had to choose just one card it is definitely this one.

img206.jpg
Did this card come in sealed case??? Damn some nice cards in this thread.
By the time it got to me it was out of the case (not sure why anyone would take it out unless maybe they sent it for grading) but still pretty nice:

:)
ScannedImage-37-1.jpg

tim, in theory it's movable in the right deal.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I traded a Mike Vick autograph away. It was damaged really bad but I wish I would have ripped the sticker off instead of trading it to someone who never sent me my end. Oh well. Life goes on.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Topnotchsy said:
Krom said:
timryan111 said:

img206.jpg
By the time it got to me it was out of the case (not sure why anyone would take it out unless maybe they sent it for grading) but still pretty nice:

ScannedImage-37-1.jpg

I never knew that. Thats a sweet card but its in a killer collection ;) .

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
When I had to quit collecting and sell back in 2002, I lost a ton of cards that I wish I still had. I had close to 90,000 cards, and a good chunk of that were collections of some of the players I'm into again, but stuff I've been unable to find since I picked the habit back up again. What sticks out most was my 1998 Donruss Gold Press Proof Jason Varitek. Not a rare card, but I haven't seen one again. Had a few great Pacific inserts as well, but at least those I've seen and can potentially pick up. Also had a 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt Black back, and a few 2001 RCs of some Cardinals guy I didn't know much about at that point...guy by the name of Pujols (you might have heard of him!)

Last summer, I got a Bowman jumbo that I could only dream about: Strasburg orange, Starlin Castro auto refractor, and a James Beresford plate. Traded the Castro and Strasburg to a dealer at a show for a ton of cards, highlighted by a sweet 05 Fleer Patchworks Josh Beckett patch, and a 05 Bowman Chrome Clay Buchholz refractor. So what happened? The patch card ended up being fake, the Buchholz dropped from $60 to $15 the next month, and the dealer disappeared before I could give him hell for the fake patch! Do I miss those cards? Damn right I do, wish I could have them back to trade for better stuff!

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
SydBarrett said:
DSCN1877.jpg

Wow @ the Centering, did it get graded?

The person I had gotten from had cracked it from an 8.5, so I never bothered. The picture makes it look a drop better than it is I think, but it was still a lot nicer than the one I have incoming.

Krom said:
Topnotchsy said:
Krom said:
timryan111 said:

img206.jpg

ScannedImage-37-1.jpg

I never knew that. Thats a sweet card but its in a killer collection ;) .

I didn't know when I bought it :( but I figure with a 1/1, beggars can't be choosers.

Members online

Latest posts