Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An absurd ebay 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Well, I've been looking for the card below to complete my sans-1/1 rainbow and haven't seen one pop up in a while.

$(KGrHqYOKpkE1qylIVHlBNtFYH2bsQ~~_12.jpg

So when I see the thumbnail pic I get really excited, then I see the BIN price. At first I'm like wow, this seller is charging about 20x what this card is actually worth. So i figure it's at least #'d to his jersey # in which case $15-$20 might be reasonable. However, the description of the 1/1 makes me want to kill the seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Chrome-Topps-2 ... 4158f5dc98

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Musial Collector said:
Matsuicollector said:
[quote="Musial Collector":3ocuyq4k]BIN/BO

Make an offer!

I have a hard time thinking this seller will consider any reasonable offer.

Yet youll never know unless you try.[/quote:3ocuyq4k]

+1, worst that can happen is he declines. Who cares.

Though I do feel that I need to add: what an idiot seller. This is the kind of **** that needs to be removed by eBay. Putting "1 of 1" in the title of that listing is a blatant lie.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I clicked on the EBay link with the expectation that it probably wasn't that bad......
but yeah, that is one of the worst "1/1's" I've ever seen. To me that one reaches that level where it is so absurd, and such a stretch that it actually winds up infuriating.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
lol the funniest 1 I saw recently was something like “this is #7/250- like bond, james bond, a true 1 of 1”. seriously? i think some sellers put way too much energy into coming up w/lame excuses to put (spam) 1 of 1 in the listing

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Technically any numbered card is a 1/1. This guys is an idiot. 1st, Jersey and last numbers should only count in the "1/1" debate and even that is questionable. Offer this guy an amount you are comfortable with and if he declines so be it. There are 49 more out there somewhere.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
When I come across a listing like this with title spam, I report them immediately. Everyone should do the same and get teach these lamos a lesson. If 10-15 people all reported his listing, I bet it would get yanked.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
What you're overlooking is that it could become even rarer. If he homers in a new park, it becomes a one of none.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Boylen33 said:
When I come across a listing like this with title spam, I report them immediately. Everyone should do the same and get teach these lamos a lesson. If 10-15 people all reported his listing, I bet it would get yanked.

I've reported these lame "fake" 1/1 descriptions for a while in hopes that Ebay would take a stand and remove them, but after reporting about 30-40 listings in the past only to see that each and every one was left to run their duration, I've come to the conclusion that Ebay doesn't give a damn about it.

Original Boski

Oct 28, 2010
cmnkb8 said:
Boylen33 said:

I've reported these lame "fake" 1/1 descriptions for a while in hopes that Ebay would take a stand and remove them, but after reporting about 30-40 listings in the past only to see that each and every one was left to run their duration, I've come to the conclusion that Ebay doesn't give a damn about it.
eBay only cares about kicking off sellers with 4.7 DSR ratings.

Members online

Latest posts