Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Boxscore Bingo: Signup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the positive response for the last round of Boxscore Bingo, here's an enchanced version that should last well into summer.

The basic rules are the same, but I've added a copule of exciting features that should help keep everyone interested throughout the contest.

Please note that there is a nominal buy-in for each bingo card, but 100% of all proceeds will go back to the contestants. I will even donate $25 to the grand prize winner to help sweeten the pot.

Everything should be explained below, but don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

I do ask that you please read through the entire ruleset so that you have a clear uderstanding of how the game is played. It's super easy to play, but little details can be overlooked if you skim!

The goal is to start the game on May 1st.

Thanks!

ENTRY FEE

$8 Paypal "gift"

please send to: [email protected]

Don't forget to include your FCB name!

OVERVIEW

By looking through online MLB boxscores, try to match and cross off as many scenarios as possible on your card.

If you cross off every square in a given section and are the first to submit it to me via PM, you win a portion of the overall pot (see the Prize Payout section for more details).

http://www.cnnsi.com/mlb will be used to verify all boxscores.

1. Contestants will receive one card for each $8 entry fee

2. Each card is 100% randomly generated

3. Each card has 25 squares, broken down into 5 sections:

a. Team Pitching (blue)
b. Team Batting (pink)
c. Starting Pitching (yellow)
d. Miscellaneous (green)
e. Wild Card (purple)

4. Each card also has 3 Free Spaces located at the bottom of the card (in orange). Each Free Space is identified by a code that refers to one of the main 25 squares. It reads just like a game of Battleship (A2, E4, etc...). Simply cross reference the row and column to find out what your Free Spaces are.

HOW TO PLAY

1. Starting with the May 1st games, go online to check the boxscores for the teams shown on your card. If you find an outcome that is an exact match to the one shown on your card, you can cross off that square.

Be sure to mark down the date of each boxscore you use to cross off a square. This is very important when the time comes to submit your entry to me as a potential winner.

2. Once you cross off all squares having the same color, you are eligible to win a prize. Please send me a PM with the section color and boxscore dates you want me to confirm. If you are the first to PM a correct entry for that section, you win!

Each prize payout is shown below.

3. Since there are 5 different sections to the game, there will be 5 regular winners plus a grand prize winner for the first person to cross off and confirm all 25 of their squares.

NOTES

The most important rule of this game is that each of your scenarios must be an exact match to what you find in the boxscores!

Once a winning section is submitted, no one else may win that color.

Contestants can win more than one color, so long as they're the first to PM a winning section.

PRIZE PAYOUT

1. Winning any section: $1 for each paid entry
2. Crossing off the entire card: $3 per paid entry plus $25

Example:

20 paid entries

Winning any section: $20 each
Crossing off the entire card: $85

SAMPLE CARD

aaa.jpg

THE FIELD

1. gsueagle04
2. GarkoCollector
3. aarne13

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: Super Boxscore Bingo Signup Thread

craiger122003 said:
I will jump in I willl send payment in a couple days
So hold me a spot thanks

Sounds good, thanks!

There won't be any limit to the number of folks who want to play this round. The more, the better though!

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Looks awesome. I was hooked with the first contest so $8 is well worth it. I will gift you the money tonight.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

Now why do you have to use Milwaukee as an example? :lol:

Sign me up, I will send funds when I get home tonight.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA

Looks like a great contest. Hold me a spot, can't decide how many entries I want yet.

I'd be willing to help you confirm cards, as well.

Thanks so much.

G

I might join, depending on how many others join

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: Super Boxscore Bingo

Note: Please make your Paypal entry fee a "gift". Otherwise, it costs me 56 cents each time to top it up to $8! Thanks.

Also, if folks would like to play for kicks with no payout, just say so in this thread. I'll gladly generate a card for you along with the others.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

Hey, I said in the other thread I'd play for $5......I don't know about this $8 nonsense. :lol:

j/k
I'm game.
Actually I like the fact that a couple bucks will go to the other sections, so you have a chance to win some money back even if you don't win the Grand Prize.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

rymflaherty said:
Hey, I said in the other thread I'd play for $5......I don't know about this $8 nonsense. :lol:

j/k
I'm game.
Actually I like the fact that a couple bucks will go to the other sections, so you have a chance to win some money back even if you don't win the Grand Prize.

Hey, what can I say? $5 per entry just wasn't enough to go around for all the prizes! :lol:

We'll see what kinda turnout we get for this. We can always go back to the original version for future games.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: Super Boxscore Bingo (Simplified)

So, I realized that I may have gotten carried away with this version of the game (too many squares, too many sections, crazy rule for the individual batting, etc..). Therefore, I simplified it, while still keeping most of the enhanced features.

In a nutshell:

1. The card has been reduced from 36 to 25 squares

2. There are now only 5 colored sections instead of 6

3. No Quickdraw Squares

4. 3 Free Spaces

5. The payout has been adjusted to:

$1 per entry to the first player who completes a section
$3 per entry plus $25 to the first player who crosses off the entire card.

Everything else is exactly the same. See the OP for more details.

I just didn't want anyone to get overwhelmed, that's all. The goal is to have fun, not to create work!

Any questions, just ask. If you've already paid, and do not like this revised format, I'll gladly refund your entry fee.

G

Sign me up for now for a free card with no prizes

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas

Pine send your money now get your card soon after
Stats start with the April 24th game Sunday
I just got in

Members online

No members online now.