User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn, Guess I'm SOL On This

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, Guess I'm SOL On This

I semi-recently bought a case of Bowman Chrome from last year, and aside from the scarcity of parallels (not one autograph was a refractor, and only ripped one gold refractor), there were 2 boxes without an autograph.So I figure I'll go to Topps' website, follow their instructions for missing cards, and e-mail pictures I took with my new camera I got for Christmas.Aside from me being the most ignorant camera/computer person on the planet, I finally figure out how to e-mail the pictures from the public library here to Topps only to have them bounce back.Alright, so I figure either they won't accept j.peg pictures or I have to resize them, right?So I thought.I have no damn clue on how to transfer them to pdf file as they state on their site, and Customer Service later e-mailed that they would accept j.peg files, so I have someone here teach me how to re-size the images.I drive back to the library the next day and e-mail the re-sized pictures and they don't bounce back.Cool, right?After all this aggrevation I'll finally get my missing cards.But, I check my e-mail on break this morning only to find out Customer Service didn't get the pictures I e-mailed, even though they never bounced back, and they stupidly want me to waste several dollars to send all the damn wrappers, and UPC codes back in (I made this mistake year's ago, the postage I spent mailing the crap back cost more than the garbage prospect autograph I got from them).I vowed not to make that mistake again, so I'm guess I'm stuck unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Anyone else have this problem?How would you trasfer pictures from camera to pdf file?If Topps didn't get my e-mails shouldn't they have bounced back?Sounds to me like Topps is full of it.Has anyone ever gotten any good prospect autographs back from Topps?Or all they always scrubs?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Damn, Guess I'm SOL On This

Heh, 71 views and nothing...

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

filkinz
     KyleRFilkins
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why they want a .pgf but w/e.

Use http://zamzar.com/ even if you're computer dumb you'll figure it out.
    Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane; I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2, if you or your children would like to volunteer please visit MDA's website.
    I collect pretty much any Seattle Mariner, Seattle Seahawk or Chicago Blackhawk.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.Need any free cards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE
    I semi-recently bought a case of Bowman Chrome from last year, and aside from the scarcity of parallels (not one autograph was a refractor, and only ripped one gold refractor), there were 2 boxes without an autograph.So I figure I'll go to Topps' website, follow their instructions for missing cards, and e-mail pictures I took with my new camera I got for Christmas.Aside from me being the most ignorant camera/computer person on the planet, I finally figure out how to e-mail the pictures from the public library here to Topps only to have them bounce back.Alright, so I figure either they won't accept j.peg pictures or I have to resize them, right?So I thought.I have no damn clue on how to transfer them to pdf file as they state on their site, and Customer Service later e-mailed that they would accept j.peg files, so I have someone here teach me how to re-size the images.I drive back to the library the next day and e-mail the re-sized pictures and they don't bounce back.Cool, right?After all this aggrevation I'll finally get my missing cards.But, I check my e-mail on break this morning only to find out Customer Service didn't get the pictures I e-mailed, even though they never bounced back, and they stupidly want me to waste several dollars to send all the damn wrappers, and UPC codes back in (I made this mistake year's ago, the postage I spent mailing the crap back cost more than the garbage prospect autograph I got from them).I vowed not to make that mistake again, so I'm guess I'm stuck unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Anyone else have this problem?How would you trasfer pictures from camera to pdf file?If Topps didn't get my e-mails shouldn't they have bounced back?Sounds to me like Topps is full of it.Has anyone ever gotten any good prospect autographs back from Topps?Or all they always scrubs?

There's a Topps rep on here who may be able to help you. His username is DINANBBS so maybe you could PM him?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jlyles

There's a Topps rep on here who may be able to help you. His username is DINANBBS so maybe you could PM him?
    Thanks, I'll look him up.

chroma-matic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't waste your time. I sent the wrappers in and they gave me the run around. Just cut your losses and move on. I always had positive experiences with Topps' customer service but this last episode was by far the worst. Normally, they send you base autos from the lower tier of players anyway.
    -Gabriel

filkinz
     KyleRFilkins
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im good, thanks though.
    Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane; I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2, if you or your children would like to volunteer please visit MDA's website.
    I collect pretty much any Seattle Mariner, Seattle Seahawk or Chicago Blackhawk.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Eye
    Don't waste your time. I sent the wrappers in and they gave me the run around. Just cut your losses and move on. I always had positive experiences with Topps' customer service but this last episode was by far the worst. Normally, they send you base autos from the lower tier of players anyway.
    Yeah, spending all that junk in just isn't worth it.If they won't accept my e-mails then screw it.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SydBarrett
    Im good, thanks though.
    Appreciate the help.Anyone else on this thread need any free cards?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just mailed 13 "damaged" cards - I'll let you know who i worked with IF anything good comes from it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was missing the auto in a 2010 Bowman Chrome box. They accepted my scans through email and said to expect my auto card in 4-6 weeks. That was in early January.
    Looking for 1960 Topps PSA 7-8, 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5-6 and BGS Texas Rangers
    My meager trade bucket. Adding more all the time.
    Texas Rangers Collection

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent them all my wrappers and the UPC from my box of 2011 Topps Magic Football because I was missing an auto. Only cost me a couple of bucks. It should cost you that much to send the required stuff. Your two trips to library in gas probably already cost you more. Next time just mail the stuff in.

Oh...and you will get a scrub.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

44ProGloves
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first tip:

Stop spending money on cards and buy a computer and scanner.

Celebrate #FathersDay by taking 10% off any order on http://shop.44progloves.com today! Use code Dad44 to make our gloves only $144 today only! http://www.44PROGLOVES.COM

Please follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/44ProGloves"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmixer
    i just mailed 13 "damaged" cards - I'll let you know who i worked with IF anything good comes from it
    What was wrong with them?I contacted an Amanda through e-mail, FYI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast