Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I lived in a cave, but "Hello" Gixen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
In the past 36 hours, I've used a sniping service (Gixen) for the first time ever and let me just say..."What the hell was I waiting for?"

The only thing that caused me to use it were the ungodly hours that the clownish sellers decided to end their auctions.

Really Mr. Seller? Living in Colorado, you thought somehow that a 5:00am EST ending time was smart?

Anyway...anyone who has resisted using a service like this, it's super smooth and I'm 3-3 with the three auctions ending for about 30% of my max bids.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
200lbhockeyplayer said:
ThoseBackPages said:
i am a paying Gixen user, have been for a few years now.

Honestly, best $6 a year one can spend on cards.
What do you get from the $6/year?
I believe its their mirror service that sets up a 2nd snipe. I will have to try it too.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Shhhh! ;)

Honestly, most sports cards know about this, but for everyday items, especially when I'm in "competition" with soccer Moms for kids' stuff, DVD sets, etc. Gixen has been great. I've used it 20-30 times and never had a problem.

I don't use it myself for hobby stuff, 'cuz I just put in my Max bid, (usually very low) and IF I win it, great, if not, no biggie.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The $6 gets you a second mirror server that gets used from time to time..

I recently had a couple of wins that were because of the mirror site.. I had lost out on a card before I was a paying gixenite because they had a server issue on thier main server..

It's worth the $6 to add the mirror site..

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have been using a snipe program for a little over a month, and it failed its first one the other night...for a 1/1 for my Vinny Testaverde pc. I was devastated. A 1999 Topps Gold Label Red 1/1 ended for about $30, when I was sniping for over double so I could add it to the other one I have from that set.

Moral of the story - either go with the mirror service they have, or use Gixen and Goofbay both so you have two chances.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Would I still be able to get cash back though? I get about $3500 a year from ebates on ebay, so being able to win a few more auctions wouldn't be worth it if you can't use ebates.

Is it still possible to use a site like ebates with gixen?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Gixen gives you the mirror service free of charge if you place a banner on your page. I have done that and my subscription is free through 2038.

So there is no way to get Gixen Mirror free of charge?
There is - Gixen backlinkers get it for free, as long as they continue linking Gixen from their web page, and as long as pagerank of this page is 1 or higher. These backlinks are so important for Gixen rating on search engines that I consider them payment enough.

Wes

OG
Administrator
frzg said:
Would I still be able to get cash back though? I get about $3500 a year from ebates on ebay, so being able to win a few more auctions wouldn't be worth it if you can't use ebates.

Is it still possible to use a site like ebates with gixen?

I'm in the same boat. That's why I don't use sniping programs.

G

I'm not sure about ebates, but I've gotten Big Crumbs on every Gixen snipe I've used.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I guess it's because I'm not familiar with Gixen, but how would you get your bigcrumbs money with it if you have to go through bigcrumbs before you bid? Do you just place a small bid through bigcrumbs and then snipe at the end?

Chris Levy said:
I'm not sure about ebates, but I've gotten Big Crumbs on every Gixen snipe I've used.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
I guess it's because I'm not familiar with Gixen, but how would you get your bigcrumbs money with it if you have to go through bigcrumbs before you bid? Do you just place a small bid through bigcrumbs and then snipe at the end?

[quote="Chris Levy":1cf9rf0h]I'm not sure about ebates, but I've gotten Big Crumbs on every Gixen snipe I've used.
[/quote:1cf9rf0h]
Thats what I do. I place the minimum bid thru big crumbs then set my snipe
I get the rebates on everything i win that way

G

dadofandrew said:
Junior Griffey said:

[quote="Chris Levy":wgfaosvf]I'm not sure about ebates, but I've gotten Big Crumbs on every Gixen snipe I've used.
Thats what I do. I place the minimum bid thru big crumbs then set my snipe
I get the rebates on everything i win that way[/quote:wgfaosvf]

+1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts