User Tag List

Thread: Good news story - ebay transaction

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news story - ebay transaction

Back in December of '10 I sold a Cliff Lee Triple Threads auto/gu #'d/18 on ebay. Buyer paid right away, and I shipped the next day. A month rolls around, and the buyer still had not received the card. Couple of weeks later, still no card, so I refund the buyer in full (including shipping). We make the deal that if the card ever arrives, he will send the paypal back.

It had been about 4 months since the card was shipped, so I had forced myself to forget about it, and take the loss. Fast forward to yesterday, April 25th. I get an email from the buyer to say that the card arrived. He also asked if I wanted the paypal back, or if he should ship the card back.

I'm would guess that the vast majority of buyers on ebay wouldn't have informed the seller that the card arrived 4 months after the fact. Had he not sent me an email, I would have never known that he received it.

Nice to know that there are still some honest ebayers out there, when I know that many would not have offered to send the paypal.
    Paul
    Toronto, Ontario

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Good news story - ebay transaction

That rocks! If I where you I would at least give him a few bucks off. Honesty like that needs to be rewarded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~We can't have posts like this that have no drama or strife.~

But seriously it's great that he let you know he eventually recieved. I had the same situation happen a few months ago. It took 9 weeks for the card to finally be delivered in Snellville GA. I didn't get the paypal back but the buyer sent me a thank you card with a few golf collectibles enclosed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. I considered the value of the card when it was sold (right after Cliff Lee signed with the Phils) compared to what it would be worth now. I made an offer, and he actually came back and offered $5 more than my offer. Stand up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc3
    That rocks! If I where you I would at least give him a few bucks off. Honesty like that needs to be rewarded.
    Paul
    Toronto, Ontario

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This.

If he originally bought the card for $50 (just throwing a random # out there) I'd thank him for his honesty and ask him to send me something like $45. Not a huge amount, but the discount would reflect gratitude. Nice to hear about these things every once in awhile!

EDIT: You posted the response before I submitted mine...sounds like a very stand-up guy indeed. What is the buyer's username?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indianajdp

This.

If he originally bought the card for $50 (just throwing a random # out there) I'd thank him for his honesty and ask him to send me something like $45. Not a huge amount, but the discount would reflect gratitude. Nice to hear about these things every once in awhile!

You're pretty much bang on. The card sold as Best Offer for $50, plus $3 for shipping. I asked him to send me $40, and he came back 5 minutes later and said he was sending $45.
    Paul
    Toronto, Ontario

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not, honesty is still out there.

I sold a card for $10. Guy sent two $10s for payment. I emailed and said "Hey, just wondering if you meant to send 2 $10s?" Guy was happy that I was honest and thanked me for such.
    Eddie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BULL****!!!! I call bull****!!! NOBODY posts about good Ebay experiences.

lol. Just kidding. I am glad that things have turned out for you. While they might be few and far apart these days, not all people using Ebay are bad people.
    COLLECTING 2009 BALLPARK SWATCH AUTOS

I NEED:
    Josh Beckett - Chipper Jones - Justin Morneau - Ryan Zimmerman - Cal Ripken Jr.

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Awesome to hear!

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great story! Small and simple, but that can go a long way sometimes.