Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Tribute Replacement questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thadurantula35

Apr 21, 2011
Hey guys,

I took the plunge and bought a pack of 2011 Topps Tribute from my Local Hobby Shop, I ended up pulling a Pujols triple jersey auto numbered to 99. I was extremely happy, but upon further inspection I noticed the card was dinged up, three of the corners are rounded, the back is peeling up at the bottom and is also dinged up. I contacted Topps and they said they cannot guarantee the same card replacement but it would be something of at least the same Beckett value. My questions are as follows:

1. There is no Beckett value for 2011 Tribute yet, so how do they determine this?
2. What should I realistically expect back? a much lesser card?
3. How long does it typically take for a replacement?
4. Any tips on the letter that I need to send in?

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
thadurantula35 said:
1. There is no Beckett value for 2011 Tribute yet, so how do they determine this?
2. What should I realistically expect back? a much lesser card?
3. How long does it typically take for a replacement?
4. Any tips on the letter that I need to send in?

(#1) Welcome to FCB.

I think that Topps knows the "value" even if it's not in Beckett yet. I'd demand they come up with another Pujols auto even if it's not the same set. You can always send it back if it's truly not equivalent.

I'm in the midst of a replacement right now - maybe 6 weeks? Hopefully less.

Here's topps official replacement suggestions:
http://www.topps.com/where-can-i-send-d ... eplacement

thadurantula35

Apr 21, 2011
This is the letter I am going to send, how does this look:

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to read this letter, and for the quality of Topps products that I have received in the past. I recently purchased a pack of your top of the line 2011 Topps Tribute Baseball product. I was very pleased when I received an Albert Pujols Triple Jersey Autographed Card numbered out of 99. Upon further inspection, I noticed that three of the four corners of the card were rounded and that the card was also damaged in a couple more areas of the card. On the front of the card above the signature, there is a piece of the card peeling up. On the back bottom of the card, there is a piece of the card peeling up as well as scratches or dings to the back of the card. I contacted customer service via telephone and was told that the card would be replaced with a card of at least the same value. I was also instructed to include in the package, the card, the receipt, a letter of explanation, the card in question, and the pack, all of which are included in this package. I would like a replacement of an Albert Pujols autographed card, as he is my favorite player and the card that I pulled from the pack. I understand that it may not be the same card that was pulled, but I would like it replaced with a similar card of at least the same value that contains an Albert Pujols autograph. Please feel free to contact me via email or telephone if you have any other questions or need any further information.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
make sure to take a picture or scan before you mail;
and get delivery confirmation.

thadurantula35

Apr 21, 2011
a picture of the card? or the letter? im gonna scan everything just to be safe. in your experience have they met your request when it comes to replacement?

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
While no-where near the value of your card. I have had 3 game used cards that I sent back to Topps because of creasing around the window where swatch is placed. I think sometimes the swatch is thicker then just a regular jersey piece and buldged up. 1 from 2010 and 2 from 2011. I recieved the same variety of card back in mint condition. I know on shorter print cards, if they don't have any extras, they give you a card of similar value. Since few players hold the value that Pujols does, you may get lucky and recieve a ower #'ed auto/gu Pujols instead. Not trying to get your hopes up, but certainally a possibility. I have noticed this years tribute are very vunerabe to defects. Scratching the surface is very easy and the colors I could see peeling easily. I think they will have many returned cards this year. I have had no issues with their customer service with my 2 returns. With the ammount of cards they sell and different promotions i.e. NPN, Wrapper Redemption, Diamond Anniversary codes/give-away on top of the fact that they have dozens of varities of different card products, suprisingly the ammount of complaints about their customer service seems to be less then Panini or UD.

Members online