User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: President of Sportflics explained 1986 Robin Yount Error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President of Sportflics explained 1986 Robin Yount Error

In 1986, Mr. Tom Day, President of Major League Marketing, the manufacturer of Sportflics, stated that about 50 of the Yount errors with Yankees on the back were printed but the company caught the error immediately and the error cards were destroyed. Mr. Day stated that none of the Yount errors were put into circulation. Obviously, he was wrong because over the last 25 years a small quantity of the errors have been found in the Sportflics Mylar packs. none have been found in the 200 card sets.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: President of Sportflics explained 1986 Robin Yount Error

Call someone who cares

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a... (sniggering) magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Making Graphic (Logos / Signatures / Wallpapers / Avatars / Custom Cards) for PayPal. PM me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1jess1
    In 1986, Mr. Tom Day, President of Major League Marketing, the manufacturer of Sportflics, stated that about 50 of the Yount errors with Yankees on the back were printed but the company caught the error immediately and the error cards were destroyed. Mr. Day stated that none of the Yount errors were put into circulation. Obviously, he was wrong because over the last 25 years a small quantity of the errors have been found in the Sportflics Mylar packs. none have been found in the 200 card sets.

This card sold for $250 as recently as late 2010. It may not be $450 or $650, but it still worth a few bucks to a Yount, Brewer, or error card collector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the 3rd thread I've seen about this card in the past 2 weeks on this forum. Someone hyping one up??
    Please check this ebay link, new items listed all the time, never a reserve!! http://shop.ebay.com/badago76/m.html?_n ... rom=&_ipg=

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abeabe
    This is the 3rd thread I've seen about this card in the past 2 weeks on this forum. Someone hyping one up??
    From the same loser, and still nobody cares.
    "You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the purpose of these posts?

Also - Sportsflics was some hidious products. Cool concept that was just as ugly.
    COLLECTING 2009 BALLPARK SWATCH AUTOS

I NEED:
    Josh Beckett - Chipper Jones - Justin Morneau - Ryan Zimmerman - Cal Ripken Jr.

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojohnny
    What exactly is the purpose of these posts?
    He's pimping his AMAZING PSA8, because it's going to be worth $10K next year....
    "You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so the "President of Sportflics" explained that none of the errors were ever released...yet we know that it was an incorrect statement as they clearly exist. So, riddle me this Sir Pimps A Lot...why should we believe his estimate on the quantity?

Next thing we're going to hear is that Richard McWilliam never authorized the reprint of the 1989 Upper Deck Griffey rookie and Dale Murphy error cards just to pay their bills, and that he was really sincere when he stated years ago that he never knew redemptions were such an issue and would institute a policy to limit the wait time to 45 days.

Oh yeah...sports card manufacturers...the bastions of truth.

With the amount of stroking you've done to this card, I hope it had on a rubber.
    Hello again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer
    Okay, so the "President of Sportflics" explained that none of the errors were ever released...yet we know that it was an incorrect statement as they clearly exist. So, riddle me this Sir Pimps A Lot...why should we believe his estimate on the quantity?

Next thing we're going to hear is that Richard McWilliam never authorized the reprint of the 1989 Upper Deck Griffey rookie and Dale Murphy error cards just to pay their bills, and that he was really sincere when he stated years ago that he never knew redemptions were such an issue and would institute a policy to limit the wait time to 45 days.

With the amount of stroking you've done to this card, I hope it had on a rubber.
    Nice.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dude, quit c-blocking him. He's got a card to sell here.

No worries Jess, you'll get that $10k from someone. Maybe it'll be that Nigerian guy who emails everyone I know, wanting to give away his millions?
    J.P.

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers

Dude, quit c-blocking him. He's got a card to sell here.

No worries Jess, you'll get that $10k from someone. Maybe it'll be that Nigerian guy who emails everyone I know, wanting to give away his millions?
    What, "card-blocking" gets hit with the swear-wolf filter?

And if you're dealing with any Nigerians, only deal with those who are displaced royalty, as they are the only honest ones.
    Hello again.

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool story bro!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew before I clicked the post that it would be hilarious.

I was right.
    Collecting Any/All Mariano Rivera cards that I do not have! Will buy or trade!

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't decide between:

or

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast